USMNT Talk

They're not bad, but they're not great either. Look at the other World Cup kits. Drop-dead gorgeous.

A big part of this is the crest. The USSF needs to accept that the crest is hideous. The big reason the centennial kits were so popular is they had a beautiful crest.

The other part is that the other kits have an identity. Nike wants to recreate a new identity every two years. It has to stop. Sashes one World Cup to hoops for WC qualifying to quasi-English polo home/quasi-Russian away the next. It's got to stop. There is no connection between these kits.

Pick an element, pick an identity and stick with it. If our identity is white kits at home, cool. Let's stick with that and have minor tweaks over the years. For example, if they had made the hoops more noticeable in this home kit, it would have been infinitely better. Personally, I like the hoops because they're unique in international soccer and reflect our flag.

And yes, I really wanted a candy cane but USSF wasn't selling them even last year. Like, just totally stopped making them. Very baffling. Can't find them anywhere. So I got a centennial kit instead, which is very sharp anyway.

They're not bad, but they're not great either. Look at the other World Cup kits. Drop-dead gorgeous.

A big part of this is the crest. The USSF needs to accept that the crest is hideous. The big reason the centennial kits were so popular is they had a beautiful crest.

The other part is that the other kits have an identity. Nike wants to recreate a new identity every two years. It has to stop. Sashes one World Cup to hoops for WC qualifying to quasi-English polo home/quasi-Russian away the next. It's got to stop. There is no connection between these kits.

Pick an element, pick an identity and stick with it. If our identity is white kits at home, cool. Let's stick with that and have minor tweaks over the years. For example, if they had made the hoops more noticeable in this home kit, it would have been infinitely better. Personally, I like the hoops because they're unique in international soccer and reflect our flag.

And yes, I really wanted a candy cane but USSF wasn't selling them even last year. Like, just totally stopped making them. Very baffling. Can't find them anywhere. So I got a centennial kit instead, which is very sharp anyway.

I couldn't agree more. I think Nike has been influenced by college football way too much. It's all about being flashy and standing out nowadays and that's not necessarily something I want in a national team jersey. The Centennial jerseys were very simple, but we're very sharp and had a great designed badge

Reactions: einwindir
I couldn't agree more. I think Nike has been influenced by college football way too much. It's all about being flashy and standing out nowadays and that's not necessarily something I want in a national team jersey. The Centennial jerseys were very simple, but we're very sharp and had a great designed badge

Don't get me started on College Football uniforms. I'll spend like an hour ranting and raving.

USA v. Mexico tonight in Phoenix. Big game for some players trying to make the World Cup squad

I know Puebla wants to stay afloat in a relegation fight, but if you cost your players a World Cup shot AND you get relegated, the only thing left is to negotiate the transfer fee.

Big night tonight.

Why the hell is this on at 11 at night? Its moves like this that stunt this game's growth in America....

Would have expected more discussion about this considering the hostility between the two countries. US fans visiting the Azteca isn't the most safe environment from what I've heard. Speaking of the Azteca imagine if NYCFC ended up playing Club America there in the CONCACAF tournament. Would anyone actually travel to Mexico if that happened at some point?

Would have expected more discussion about this considering the hostility between the two countries. US fans visiting the Azteca isn't the most safe environment from what I've heard. Speaking of the Azteca imagine if NYCFC ended up playing Club America there in the CONCACAF tournament. Would anyone actually travel to Mexico if that happened at some point?
This friendly is basically meaningless in terms of who wins or loses. From my perspective, I was in Columbus when they won the WCQ game dos a cero, we are on top and they are on bottom (having to qualify through New Zealand). This game, all I care about is how it affects the World Cup roster. Obviously I want to win, but it is not going to match the intensity of the previous couple of matches.

It doesn't help that it is a late start and it is in Phoenix which is basically a home game for Mexico.

Not a fan of the away jersey for the team. They do look nice in person. I'm excited to see how Julian Green plays. Ive never seen him before. I hate how whenever we play Mexico in the states, it still feels like an away game.

2-0 in the 43rd. USA has played pretty well so far and has dominated possession

Bradley absolutely bossed the first half. Never put a foot wrong, plus great job losing his marker on the corner, and perfect flick on to Wondo for the 2nd goal.

Gonzo-Besler combo looked strong for the most part. Hopefully never see Beltran again. Parkhurst was solid and is cementing his spot in Brazil, as is Beckerman.

Davis is just not up to the level, and Zusi does not look sharp, but I still think the latter makes it as a squad player.

Dempsey his usual self, dropping back and holding up the ball and drawing fouls. Also had a great ball to Beltran to set up the move forward on the 2nd goal.

Not sure about Wondo, but he has a knack for scoring. Making a case for Brazil but still on the outside looking in IMO.

Michael Bradley looked solid so far. His time in Roma was great for his development.

Really poor 2nd half showing from US, stopped showing that attacking mentality and it cost them. That said, Eddie Johnson was onside, and since it is a friendly, I am going to call it a 3-2 win.

I only watched the first half and damn did Bradley look amazing.
I was a bit excited when they came out in the 4-4-2 but didn't exactly play up to the formation.

BNY99uQ.jpg

1601420_10152233521393941_583850568_n.jpg

This is where you end up when you let the pacific northwest be in the driver's seat...... Whole bunch of hipsters no one knows outside of Seattle or Portland....

Haim, strangely arousing and unattractive -- at the same time. It really is as only left coast uber-liberal treehugging feminist can be...

haim_falling_featured-678x430.jpg

Last edited: