USMNT Talk

Positives: Bradley, back to pre injury form, mix, wasted at DM, zardes, will be starting forward by the end of the year.

Negatives: Shea and yedlin. Neither can defend, ibarra, offers little except running around quickly, hopefully the team is moving away from this, Jones, not a center back never in position.

Neutral: Dempsey, awesome goal, otherwise non existent, jozy, poor passing, I don't know what he offers, besler, didn't have much to do, doesn't distribute particularly well forcing mfs to come to the back.

Nice to see the young guys get cameos, but I thought the game fell apart after they subbed out mix.

Nice game, but it was Panama.
I don't see Zardes starting over Altidore anytime soon, I could see a Zardes-Altidore pairing though once Dempsey hangs it up, which is probably after the GC imo.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Was just thinking, when is the Gold Cup? Will Lampard and DP#3 be here by the time it comes? Because our midfield and team is going to take a big hit when Diskerud gets called in for that.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Anybody looking to buy Gold Cup tickets?

Ticketmaster is having a pre-sale for the game at Giant Stadium on July 19th. The code they sent me is ACCESS.

Anybody looking to buy Gold Cup tickets?

Ticketmaster is having a pre-sale for the game at Giant Stadium on July 19th. The code they sent me is ACCESS.
I'm a US Soccer Supporter (not AO, well I am AO, but this is the official thing, anyway) and got presale access and info for the whole set.
According to the info, the US will play in the MetLife game only if it finishes 3rd in group. If it finishes first or second in group it will play in Baltimore July 18. Those tickets don't seem to be on sale yet even under the presale.
The US group matches are July 7 in Frisco, TX, July 10 in Foxborough, and July 13 in KC.
Championship and runner-up games are in Philly. 3rd place game in July 25 at the Union's stadium, and Championship is July 26 at Lincoln Financial.
I don't know if the above code works for all of these. As a supporter I have a code for all but don't feel right sharing it since it's basically a fundraising reward for supporters of the men's and women's national teams. Regular sale is a week from today I think.

Was just thinking, when is the Gold Cup? Will Lampard and DP#3 be here by the time it comes? Because our midfield and team is going to take a big hit when Diskerud gets called in for that.

Basically all of June is taken up with FIFA match dates followed by the Gold Cup. Many MLS teams are going to face issues. We've got 4 games that month with Philly, Montreal, Toronto and New Jersey. Of those, probably only Toronto is going to lose players, but they will be way down.

Reactions: SayWhat44
Basically all of June is taken up with FIFA match dates followed by the Gold Cup. Many MLS teams are going to face issues. We've got 4 games that month with Philly, Montreal, Toronto and New Jersey. Of those, probably only Toronto is going to lose players, but they will be way down.

Yeah luckily we will be getting Lampard by then and only losing Mix. I think we should be fine during that stretch. Toronto has to be a win.

Okay, correction. I had the dates wrong on the Gold Cup.

There is a FIFA match window between June 8 and June 16.

Then, the Gold Cup runs from July 7 to July 26.

Games during those windows are...

Montreal - Home - June 13
Toronto - Home - July 12
New England - Away - July 18
Orlando - Home - July 26

So, we will be missing Mix and will be playing Toronto without Bradley or Jozy, New England without Jones or Nguyn and Orlando without Shea (probably).

Reactions: danger
Mix not going on international duty. Looks like CMs Danny Williams and Alfredo Morales, taking his place.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he was one of the guys out of shape in January camp.

You can't read too much into the call ups these days. Klinsmann said he was avoiding MLS players due to the travel and because they are just starting the season. He is also still experimenting with different lineups and testing out different players. He hasn't called up a "best 23" since the World Cup.

people getting sent off for dropping f Bombs? Come on Ref.

I don't have a problem with competitors cursing each other, but to say "F**k you motherf**ker" to a ref's face is worthy of a yellow and it just so happened to come directly after getting a yellow for a stupid challenge. So, yeah I didn't have a problem with the ref's decision to send Jozy off.

Edit: After thinking about it, I'm not sure it was a double yellow. If it was a straight red, I disagree with that decision. I'd say a yellow was deserved, but not a straight red card.

Last edited:
Maybe he gave the straight red so he wouldn't have to waste energy showing the second yellow?