USMNT Talk

Triply disappointing for you because it was Pontius and not your boy T-Mac getting the call up to replace him.
They are equally disappointing. But really, quadruple disappointment when you consider that this means Saief won't be able to permanently displace Bedoya from his nailed on spot in every US squad.

Reactions: JGarrettLieb
They are equally disappointing. But really, quadruple disappointment when you consider that this means Saief won't be able to permanently displace Bedoya from his nailed on spot in every US squad.
I actually like Bedoya's inclusion on this squad. If he had a nailed spot like Jozy, Bradley, Pulisic, etc. he would not be on the roster. This is make or break it for him. He's replaceable now.

I actually like Bedoya's inclusion on this squad. If he had a nailed spot like Jozy, Bradley, Pulisic, etc. he would not be on the roster. This is make or break it for him. He's replaceable now.
I agree. I tweeted that same sentiment when the 23 was released. But not having the guy there who is most likely to take his spot sucks because it makes it more likely he continues to be on the team going forward.

Fuck Bedoya, Zusi and Gonzo. But I knew this.

Also, Joe Benny just played himself out of contention. He's not a 10. Would be better off with Mix there (who also isn't a 10).

I'd like for us to sub out Bedoya and Corona, bring in Arriola and Swag. That would make it so much easier.

I will never get Bedoya. Only useful to bunker. He's dumb legs.

Our FBs were crap in this match. I don't mind seeing that from Zusi, who is a backup (perhaps a deep backup) at that position.* But, the performance of Villafana is concerning since he's the presumed starter. At least he has done better in other games.

I was also disappointed in the defensive mids and surprisingly so.

* - see extensive and frustratingly misunderstood conversation on this topic many pages up.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Our FBs were crap in this match. I don't mind seeing that from Zusi, who is a backup (perhaps a deep backup) at that position.* But, the performance of Villafana is concerning since he's the presumed starter. At least he has done better in other games.

* - see extensive and frustratingly misunderstood conversation on this topic many pages up.

Time for Fabian or Saief. I predict one of them will be our starter in Russia, with the other playing in front. Could be a strong partnership like Fab and Wendt at BMG.

Reactions: Schwallacus

Will be interesting to see how much longer this Zusi experiment lasts, doesn't seem to be going well. If he was 25 maybe you give it more time but he's 30 and not appearing to be learning the new position quickly.

Why not give Miazga a shot? The guy performed at a high level in a league that is probably similar to MLS. Ironically, I actually think he'd be a shoe-in for the team if he stayed here...

Trying to earn a spot on the first team with Chelsea during preseason.