USMNT Talk

I've been telling people here to join US Soccer for forever. LionNYC LionNYC is right. You can buy the base membership and then status goes up over time. I have the highest you can have without paying large because I paid semi-large before they revamped the system and got grandfathered. Now there's no way to buy intermediate status.
Taurus Taurus joined based on my recommendation because he's smart like that.
Can one membership purchase multiple tickets?

I've been telling people here to join US Soccer for forever. LionNYC LionNYC is right. You can buy the base membership and then status goes up over time. I have the highest you can have without paying large because I paid semi-large before they revamped the system and got grandfathered. Now there's no way to buy intermediate status.
I have joined as well. I got the free or something cheap membership way back when, and I still get pre-sale codes.

I don't understand what LionNYC LionNYC is saying about a meaningful game. Not many matches more important than the home WCQ turn vs. CR. Soooo, is he saying excepting this game?

The US/Turkey match there in 2014 was a shitshow. I had front row seats. Sold out. Impossible to take a piss or buy a beer.

If you donate $500 to US Soccer Development Fund that grants you the top tier Gold Status. It's a 501(c)3 so the donation is tax deductible.

http://developmentfund.ussoccer.com/circles-and-benefits/

The page says it's a one year membership and must be renewed each year to maintain benefits. No idea if one can purchase a normal membership and retain the Gold status only.

Hmm, I wouldn't know. Definitely reach out to the contact email there. They are very timely with their responses.

But think about it like this, how many times goes US Soccer actually play in the NY area? Not too often, so you could think of it as a one time extra $500 payment towards tickets for the match.

The page says it's a one year membership and must be renewed each year to maintain benefits. No idea if one can purchase a normal membership and retain the Gold status only.
Just buy whatever you want on stub hub, etc. Unless you just want to donate.

It won't be more than $500 for 2 anywhere you want except for this sideline experience things that seem pretty lame.

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
The membership is very reasonable and it allows you "perks" like meeting the team or attending pre-match warm-ups while you move up membership levels (as will be for me for the Costa Rica match) in addition to getting access to tickets before the general public.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Rewatching the Ghana match right now.

Guys, Kellyn Rowe is pretty damn good. He'd look like a beast at NYCFC. He's a master of the one touch pass. And his runs are really good.
His problem is he can go long stretches of games being invisible, far too streaky to be relied upon for a whole season.

His problem is he can go long stretches of games being invisible, far too streaky to be relied upon for a whole season.
But he's the kind of guy who I could see being a useful tournament sub. He hits those unexpected balls that can unlock a defense when the attack is struggling. I love subbing in guys who can out someone in on goal with one touch. Special and rare skill for the US.

Rewatching the Ghana match right now.

Guys, Kellyn Rowe is pretty damn good. He'd look like a beast at NYCFC. He's a master of the one touch pass. And his runs are really good.

You've triggered me from our tie against New England. Ben Sweat did some shit defending not closing down that ball for that stupid cross.

Good to see Tommy Thompson finally get an MLS goal. He's another one that's just been in the wrong team for so long.

I you watch him play, you will see he's got some real quality. Hard to believe he's been in the league 4 years and he's still just 21. I love his calmness on the ball in midfield. No way we could turn TPFKAU into Thompson, is there?