USMNT Talk

Where have we seen the whole experimenting thing before?

I agree. There was an obvious lack of chemistry on both sides of the ball. The defense seems to lack communication and an understanding of their surroundings & the offense couldn't string together an impressive set of passes. Whats our deal with shooting right at the keeper?

AO NYC showing was weak last night at Demseys. The night before party for October 13th's game against to Ticos will be at Jack Demseys (33rd between Broadway & 5th).

During the Brazil and Panama games - the US scored 3 goals and conceded none while Mix was on the field.

3-0 !!!

And since when did the USMNT concede more goals than they scored while Mix was on the pitch?

At least not this year.

I'd say this a valuable discussion point when the haters emerge?

The USMNT is a mess. What kind of manager thinks it's a good idea to experiment with the roster right up until the biggest match of the remaining calendar year? Wouldn't it have proved a much better idea to start a roster somewhat similar to the one you'll field against Mexico? Why doesn't Klinsman take any heat for these kind of decisions?

The USA is be my adopted national team and I live part time in the USA, but when October 10th rolls around I'll be cheering for the mother land. ¡Viva México!

Having made the above statement I want to clarify that I want this game to be as enjoyable as possible. I'd prefer the game to not turn into a 3-0 or 4-0 beat down. A nice thrilling 3-2 or 2-1 would suffice.

During the Brazil and Panama games - the US scored 3 goals and conceded none while Mix was on the field.

3-0 !!!

And since when did the USMNT concede more goals than they scored while Mix was on the pitch?

At least not this year.

I'd say this a valuable discussion point when the haters emerge?
Did we take into account how long mix was in the game for this stat? (I don't think his Brazil cameo really counted for much other than a cap)

I'd prefer the game to not turn into a 3-0 or 4-0 beat down.

How about Dos A Cero?

Seriously, though, while I'm not a member of the #KreisOut group, if you want to form a #KlinsmannOut group, I'm in. You'd be hard-pressed to convince me that Klinsmann has accomplished anymore than any of the previous managers who came before him. In the process, he's denigrated the domestic leagues, unnecessarily insulted valued American legends and made generally poor personnel decisions. I'd venture to guess if I had some measure of German heritage and could kick a football, I'd have an excellent chance of being in Klinsmann's starting XI.

I just find it infuriating that, after a mediocre World Cup performance, it took a dismal Gold Cup performance before people started discussing that Klinsmann might need to go.

If I'm being totally honest, on the surface, there's a lot of parallels between Klinsmann and Kreis, save for the fact that Kreis has no predecessors. They've both made baffling decisions not apparent to the average supporter. Neither has a discernable successor. Both appear to have the support of their management.

I need to stop before I talk myself into joining #KreisOut.

How about Dos A Cero?

Seriously, though, while I'm not a member of the #KreisOut group, if you want to form a #KlinsmannOut group, I'm in. You'd be hard-pressed to convince me that Klinsmann has accomplished anymore than any of the previous managers who came before him. In the process, he's denigrated the domestic leagues, unnecessarily insulted valued American legends and made generally poor personnel decisions. I'd venture to guess if I had some measure of German heritage and could kick a football, I'd have an excellent chance of being in Klinsmann's starting XI.

I just find it infuriating that, after a mediocre World Cup performance, it took a dismal Gold Cup performance before people started discussing that Klinsmann might need to go.

If I'm being totally honest, on the surface, there's a lot of parallels between Klinsmann and Kreis, save for the fact that Kreis has no predecessors. They've both made baffling decisions not apparent to the average supporter. Neither has a discernable successor. Both appear to have the support of their management.

I need to stop before I talk myself into joining #KreisOut.
I've never understood the whole 2-0 thing. The USA wins a few games and then suddenly they celebrate and brag as if they won the World Cup.

You sound like you're already on the #KriesOut and #KlinsmanOut bandwagons. :rolleyes:

You sound like you're already on the #KriesOut and #KlinsmanOut bandwagons.
No and yes.
I've never understood the whole 2-0 thing. The USA wins a few games and then suddenly they celebrate and brag as if they won the World Cup.
Aren't you watching Mexican television?

It's because the US won so few games against Mexico and got an inferiority complex. So much so that after a few wins, US fans got typically jingoistic and adopted Dos A Cero as a needle. I do it myself, but I'm just an irritant.

No and yes.

Aren't you watching Mexican television?

It's because the US won so few games against Mexico and got an inferiority complex. So much so that after a few wins, US fans got typically jingoistic and adopted Dos A Cero as a needle. I do it myself, but I'm just an irritant.
I watch Mexican tv all the time. Don't see a connection here.

Unless of course you're referencing this:

Reactions: Mikeylito
I watch Mexican tv all the time. Don't see a connection here.

Unless of course you're referencing this:
That's EXACTLY what I was referencing.
I will never understand how people can support two national teams or two teams in the same league. It makes no sense to me the way I feel about the teams i like. I literally hate every other team they play.

Reactions: Paul
Speaking only for myself, T Tom in Fairfield CT, I explained elsewhere on this forum how I, a Galaxy supporter, came to be a booster of NYCFC, I was born and raised in Brooklyn, but I discovered soccer during the 13 years I lived in Southern California.

Perhaps as you age, you'll discover that life is seldom black and white, but persistently varying shades of gray.

In terms of soccer, when Galaxy plays City, I support Galaxy. The rest of the time, I support both.

Last edited:
I will never understand how people can support two national teams or two teams in the same league. It makes no sense to me the way I feel about the teams i like. I literally hate every other team they play.
I live in both countries and and therefore feel an attachment to both of them. However, I will always root for El Tri whenever they play the Stars and Stripes.

I agree Tom, I just can't see it especially for hated rivals like US and Mexico. That's like supporting Argentina and Brazil or Barça and Real. Just doesn't make sense to me but to each their own. It comes down to personal identity I guess.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Seems to be a pretty interesting idea..... Luckily they are showing it at my local theater so i will be in attendance

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 3.13.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 3.13.17 AM.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 187
Seems to be a pretty interesting idea..... Luckily they are showing it at my local theater so i will be in attendance

they did this for premier league games i think last season, at least at the start of the season they did. i dont know how popular is it. The closest theatre for me was in times square.

Reactions: dex
Yedlin is making his first start for Sunderland right now. It's live on USA.

Jesus Klinsmann...No Mix? But you have Bedoya who has shit the bed lately? Damarcus Beasley who retired twice?Jozy is USMNT fit? Wondo can't score from close range in big moments? Who's this Spector kid?

There is absolutely no reason why Mix isn't on the roster or starting.

Reactions: Jack and Tony L
Jesus Klinsmann...No Mix? But you have Bedoya who has shit the bed lately? Damarcus Beasley who retired twice?Jozy is USMNT fit? Wondo can't score from close range in big moments? Who's this Spector kid?

There is absolutely no reason why Mix isn't on the roster or starting.
Kreis?