USMNT Talk

I really liked how the offense flowed and looked really dynamic over and over again. BJ had these guys rolling. I will say I also enjoyed Robinson and Richards at CB, especially with their distribution in the 1st half. Willing to send a few well placed long balls and diagonals behind Mexico's high line, stretch out Mexico's defense.

The ref was peak CONCACAF ref. Enjoyed the fire from the guys, was an entertaining match from beginning to end, albeit ending with Mexican fans unfortunately turning to their asinine chant.

TBH not sure how I feel about the GGG rumors, being that the boys looked more open, fluid, and flexible on the front foot- something that was missing under GGG. Part of me wishes BJ had some more time with the team to see what he can do.
Right after the ref let the one Mexican player lower his shoulder into Reyna's head and not give any card for it, I messaged several people that this one is about to get out of hand.

Even when I was thinking that, I didn't think there were going to be 4 red cards after that.

But they wasted six months and then just hired the same guy and Gio and Scally and MLS and urgencxz styleggh plablah zeeble bop fickle fackle gregg Gregg GREGG GGGGG!!!!!

The Gregg is dead. Long live the Gregg.
Unless the reports are wrong. Then Hail the Usurper!
I also wanted to go in a different direction but now with the complete f'in meltdown that I'm seeing I am now 100% on the GGG train.

Aaaaand its official, Gregg is back.
Fire Elmo GIF

TBH not sure how I feel about the GGG rumors, being that the boys looked more open, fluid, and flexible on the front foot- something that was missing under GGG. Part of me wishes BJ had some more time with the team to see what he can do.

To hea Pulisic tell it, last night was a direct expression of Berhalter-ball. Or maybe he was talking about the vibes? Either way, that it was an extension of what GGG developed. Not sure if it's true, but that's what he said.

It was probably the most dominant win I've seen the team play against Mexico. The Berhalter news is just so so so so disappointing. We can't forget that he threw Gio Reyna under the bus in front of the media and put his whole career in jeopardy.

Reactions: adam
To hea Pulisic tell it, last night was a direct expression of Berhalter-ball. Or maybe he was talking about the vibes? Either way, that it was an extension of what GGG developed. Not sure if it's true, but that's what he said.
“If you can see, today is a testament of the work that (Berhalter)’s put into this team,” Pulisic said. “And (interim manager B.J. Callaghan) picked up right where he left off, and it’s a testament to him and testament to this team the way that we just continued and put on performances like that. So if that’s not enough evidence, then that’s all right. People are gonna hate no matter what."​

Really? I wonder if Ricardo Pepi feels the same? He had a great goal, just like when GGG used him in the WC when we didn’t have any strikers to play. Oh wait…

Reactions: moogoo
GB had good ideas and no doubt, influenced how we play. but i don't think he's the reason we dominated mexico last night. it was simply the difference in talent on the field. we had game changers and mexico was missing theirs.

GB's decision making always had me a bit confused. his player choices and who he calls up... baffling at times. throwing gio under the bus should have been the last straw. reynas are not free of blame, but GB should know better and be better. We don't need the drama in the USMNT going forward.

it is what it is now. i'm not going to go crazy about it because in the end, this is very USSF. not surprised one bit. lol.

question now is.... what will happen to gio? if anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: adam
It's a good day for MLS players that GGG is back.

We'll be seeing more domestic based players in the next world cup team, whether they should be there or not.

It was probably the most dominant win I've seen the team play against Mexico. The Berhalter news is just so so so so disappointing. We can't forget that he threw Gio Reyna under the bus in front of the media and put his whole career in jeopardy.
The Athletic already had the story about Reyna and had it ready to publish the next morning when Berhalter's comments leaked. So, while he was certainly wrong to speak about it at that forum, he's not the reason it became public, and Reyna seems fine regardless.

The Athletic already had the story about Reyna and had it ready to publish the next morning when Berhalter's comments leaked. So, while he was certainly wrong to speak about it at that forum, he's not the reason it became public, and Reyna seems fine regardless.
Regardless, he didn't do anything to protect the player from any impending exposés on his behavior.

Finally skimmed through the game. Very frustrating that Weston red was for choking in self-defense.
Highlight was the kid in the Mexico headband and USA jersey who ripped off the headband and pointed to the jersey badge after the second or third goal lol!