Vancouver Postgame

I actually thought White played pretty well. The penalty call was pretty rough, considering that foul was certainly outside the box. I think Suanders is a good keeper, I don't think he's the best with his feet though. If our backs were stronger, we would have never been in that place at the beginning of the game in general.
I sit in 205, right above where that foul was. As much as I didn't want it to be, it was a foul. And it was definitely in the box. (He actually fouled the same guy right before that, outside the box, but the ref didn't see it.)

Ousted was pretty bad today, Saunders may actually have been the better keeper on the field.

We scored from a corner.

We scored.

From a corner.

We scored from a corner.
Finally a beautiful Pirlo corner service (on a corner won by Pirlo, don't forget) to a dramatic scissor kick finish by Villa (who was left crazily unmarked at the far post). This is what having world class DPs is supposed to be like, right?

Saunders was heart broken after that penalty almost save. Even when he does something right it works out wrong. I'm sitting right behind him and am feeling for the guy. He knows what we're saying.
He should. He is shit. And he gets paid for it.

He seems like a great guy. Doesn't make him immune to criticism.

He's possibly the worst keeper in league history. He's definitely the worst in the time I've followed the league (2010 or so). I can't really give an explanation.

Just remember it whenever people use the CFG knows what they are doing line, and then point out they gave him a raise and extension. I'm just a dumbass poster and I knew better than that.

I actually thought White played pretty well. The penalty call was pretty rough, considering that foul was certainly outside the box. I think Suanders is a good keeper, I don't think he's the best with his feet though. If our backs were stronger, we would have never been in that place at the beginning of the game in general.
You sir, are not on my shortlist for the Forum Nobel Prize in Evaluation. But I'll defend your right to be absolutely bat shit wrong.

White was horrendous. He absolutely deserved the penalty. He did something so stupid I was at a loss. My hope was that the ref realized how little danger there was and let it slide. But for once, an MLS ref got it right. It wasn't harsh. It was earned. Maybe twice.

Off to a better start than last year. It took last year's team 13 games to get to this point. Hopefully this is the start of some confidence and we can string together a couple more victories in May. Next up is DC United, an awfully winnable game for NYC.

If Villa scores, count on him scoring two. So many braces since he joined MLS.

Shelton I thought looked pretty dang good tonight for Shelton standards.

Most underrated play of the game came on Villas goal. Brillant literally set a screen on two, maybe 3, guys that freed up so much space for Villa. It was awesome.

Mikey doesn't bring anything to the table that Mix doesn't and Mix does most stuff better. Mikey* is more of a Bravo-like player, but Bravo is better. Don't see how he keeps starting TBH.

Ronald Matarrita has been our best player outside of Villa this season.

If Saunders isn't benched after this one, he won't ever. The dude is GARBAGE.

Feels great to win.

Last edited: