What Number On An Overseas Custom Replica Jersey. Thoughts?

Stop delaying mate golden cow is your friend .
One more question. Sizing!

Ive heard it a lot with Asian goods, that Westerners, especially Americans, need to buy a size or two up in order to get the right fit.

Im 5'9 175 lbs, with a slim but athletic build. I normally wear mediums because of my chest, but sometimes smalls depending on the manufacturer's sizing. Im about a 38.5 in the chest. Is Golden Cow accurate in their sizing measurements in the listings? I just want to get the right size the first time. My official Nike USMNT replica is a Small, and it fits nice in the body...slim fitting, but not too snug.

Thanks to anyone who has answers

im usually against buying from these kinds of places- aliexpress and other sites like it.

quality is more often than not, crap. it says stuff like "authentic thai quality" which is fluffing up the fact that its cheaply made (we all know the good shits made in indonesia, duh).
i've seen friends with ronaldo jerseys, but the R starts directly in the middle of the jersey... but thats the rare occasion.

I've seen the "authentic away jersey" with the inaugural patch at the bottom and next to it saying "climacool" which is used for the replicas... I have the authentic home, and it says "adizero" off to the side of the inaugural patch and im pretty sure it should say it on the authentic away too.

I will not tell you how to spend your money, as nobody else should. but i will warn you of the flaws and point out some things i've seen from these sellers... whatever you decide to go with, enjoy the jersey and dont feel any remorse

Reactions: jaycrewz
im usually against buying from these kinds of places- aliexpress and other sites like it.

quality is more often than not, crap. it says stuff like "authentic thai quality" which is fluffing up the fact that its cheaply made (we all know the good shits made in indonesia, duh).
i've seen friends with ronaldo jerseys, but the R starts directly in the middle of the jersey... but thats the rare occasion.

I've seen the "authentic away jersey" with the inaugural patch at the bottom and next to it saying "climacool" which is used for the replicas... I have the authentic home, and it says "adizero" off to the side of the inaugural patch and im pretty sure it should say it on the authentic away too.

I will not tell you how to spend your money, as nobody else should. but i will warn you of the flaws and point out some things i've seen from these sellers... whatever you decide to go with, enjoy the jersey and dont feel any remorse
Thanks bro.

Im aware of possible flaws, which is why Im doing my research. The jersey being exact-exact isnt a large concern. As long as there arent huge mistakes Ill be fine with my purchase. Little things like having "climacool" or missing the inaugural patch wont bother me much. What would bother me a lot is screwing up the team badge or the nameset if I do a custom.

For less than 20 bucks Ill get what I pay for.

Thanks bro.

Im aware of possible flaws, which is why Im doing my research. The jersey being exact-exact isnt a large concern. As long as there arent huge mistakes Ill be fine with my purchase. Little things like having "climacool" or missing the inaugural patch wont bother me much. What would bother me a lot is screwing up the team badge or the nameset if I do a custom.

For less than 20 bucks Ill get what I pay for.
Inbox me mate

You are wrong about the quality mate,its usually spot on.its the printing that let's them down.
There certainly isn't $50 difference in quality in the shirts .

Reactions: Goodfella
I dont moan about any of that. China is no better than the West when it comes to unfair trade and copyrights. Look up agricultural protectionism and how this practice in the USA and EU outright takes advantage of Africa and harms its economic development. And regarding copyrights...should I care about insane markups on goods, when large companies like Nike have been known to ship jobs overseas for cheap labor in countries that treat workers like crap?

Yep dont care a stink about large corporations and their profits. I care about my own wallet. And guess what, Im buying a Chinese 4:3 ratio 9.7 inch retina tablet soon too (ipad clones running Android). If anyone is interested, Teclast and Cube seem to be the go to tablet brand based on what Ive read on forums, and seen on numerous reviews.

Who is good for custom printing then?

Ive narrowed down a couple sellers based on what Ive read here, on reddit, and other forums. A couple people mentioned washing inside out to save the printing over time too.

I hate monsanto as much as the next guy . You will be the 1st to bitch and moan when they outsource your job . Right is right and wrong is wrong . I hope the us customs starts opening the packages and fining the recipients. Africa 's problems are not the US or EU but china and warlords .

You are wrong about the quality mate,its usually spot on.its the printing that let's them down.

ive had some shitty quality ones... numbers peeled off, stitching falls off, shorts ripped during relaxed use. lol my experiences are automatically wrong deemed wrong because you know everything about soccer shirts. interesting...

I think I'd know a poor kit when i see one. no idea about you though.

I have purchased MANY of these and I beg to differ. The more intricate the pattern the more obvious the differences are -- the new USA Away jerseys (with the blue gradient) looks great... until you see it anywhere near a real one.

But even if they pass the first look test, they don't hold up well to regular washing. I'm constantly cutting off loose strings and the shirts develop pulls far more often than legit jerseys. My son has a number of China fakes and a number of legit jerseys and he puts them all through the wringer -- the cheap ones don't hold up and it's not just the printing.

Reactions: Mario
I have purchased MANY of these and I beg to differ. The more intricate the pattern the more obvious the differences are -- the new USA Away jerseys (with the blue gradient) looks great... until you see it anywhere near a real one.

But even if they pass the first look test, they don't hold up well to regular washing. I'm constantly cutting off loose strings and the shirts develop pulls far more often than legit jerseys. My son has a number of China fakes and a number of legit jerseys and he puts them all through the wringer -- the cheap ones don't hold up and it's not just the printing.

they may look good (if you get a halfway decent one), then you wear it, then it turns to shit.

ive had some shitty quality ones... numbers peeled off, stitching falls off, shorts ripped during relaxed use. lol my experiences are automatically wrong deemed wrong because you know everything about soccer shirts. interesting...

I think I'd know a poor kit when i see one. no idea about you though.
For $16 bucks Ill buy the kit just for the experience of seeing what the Chinese knockoffs can truly accomplish. If its sh!t, then I simply cost myself a few evening beers at the pub.

Reactions: Goodfella and Mario
For $16 bucks Ill buy the kit just for the experience of seeing what the Chinese knockoffs can truly accomplish. If its sh!t, then I simply cost myself a few evening beers at the pub.

for 16 bucks you cant go wrong, i just bring a friendly warning, id hate to see a person hype these up and then when you (an unknown buyer) get a lemon, i'd hate toyou feel let down like that because they had no idea how poor some products may be.... but not all items are complete shit. good luck champ :)

Reactions: jaycrewz
Golden Cow would be here. Good reviews and a nice large selection, but they dont have an NYCFC listing.

Im going to go with Gorgeous sports&leisure. They have a 99.1% overall feedback, and 98.4% feedback for their jerseys. I decided to chat with them after seeing a couple of recommendations on the NYCFC reddit page, as well as a couple of other sport team pages.

I first asked about the MLS patches. They told me they would be on the sleeves like the officials, but they are ironed on. (see attached close up photo they sent me). Do the real jerseys not have embroidered MLS sleeve patches? Also because the price is so cheap, I was worried about the glue not holding...but the seller said it would. But who knows really...I know they want to make a sale. He also said the inaugural patch would be included on the bottom :).

The one thing I am concerned with in the numbering style. Look here at this reddit user's Mix jersey from this store. Does that look correct to you? Im not sure, but it doesnt look like the exact styling on the official team jerseys. Im specifically talking about the dotted white tracing on the numbers. Or maybe Im wrong and the tracing is supposed to have the little dots in them. I havent seen anyone complain about it, and people were saying how good his jersey looked.

Attachments

• MLS logo.jpg
    MLS logo.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Links were in parts of my posts if you hover the mouse over the appropriate text.

Golden Cow doesn't look to bad. Do they include the Adidas logo and all doesn't look that way from what I've seen.