What Number On An Overseas Custom Replica Jersey. Thoughts?

I'm an avid jersey collector. I don't usually buy knockoffs, but gogoalshop is absolutely the way to go if you want to save money. I've picked up three jerseys from them and a few from alibaba stores and the difference is night and day. Gogoal nails it. I bought a Spurs jersey from them and it is completely indistinguishable from the Spurs jersey I bought straight from their store. Alibaba, on the other hand, is awful.

Here is a gogoalshop review I did.

http://m.imgur.com/a/2a9Z4
This is great news for me as I just ordered a jersey from them yesterday.

I'll post pictures here when my Shelton jersey from gogoalshop arrives. If that goes well, I'll definitely be picking up a Poku away shirt.

I'm an avid jersey collector. I don't usually buy knockoffs, but gogoalshop is absolutely the way to go if you want to save money. I've picked up three jerseys from them and a few from alibaba stores and the difference is night and day. Gogoal nails it. I bought a Spurs jersey from them and it is completely indistinguishable from the Spurs jersey I bought straight from their store. Alibaba, on the other hand, is awful.

Here is a gogoalshop review I did.

http://m.imgur.com/a/2a9Z4
Aliexpress is like ebay. If you find a good seller, you can find a good product.

Ive seen the NYCFC away kit review for gogoalshop and I saw your review during my research as well. I didnt go with gogoalshop because they were terrible at answering my questions about the custom NYCFC home kit I wanted. They only half answered my questions (a couple were outright ignored), and then when I asked the same questions again that they didnt answer, they simply replied by telling me "You can see the video on the description ."

That away jersey review video didnt answer my questions about the custom numbering having the correct font, nor did it answer my questions about how they would do the MLS patches. So I stuck with the aliexpress seller I already mentioned (Gorgeous sports&leisure). They answered my many messages and sent pics of their updated product.

I wasnt going to pay 40 bucks to gogoalshop when their communication was bad, and there's no buyer protection. Ive read a lot of good things about them, but Ive also read complaints on people getting a not so good product and/or getting stiff on their cash. With aliexpress there's less worry of that, because the seller doesnt get paid unless I get what I purchased. And im paying less too.

I even sent gogoalshop a video review of an RBNY home kit were the numbers on the back were orange, and they completely ignored my question asking them about it. I simply asked them if they've rectified this issue over the last couple years. And mind you there have been more recent complaints online, despite a lot of the good review.

Yeah the video was a couple years old...but when you ignore my concerns, I take my business elsewhere.

Update:

Today, 5/27, my order was said to have shipped. I ordered my custom home jersey on the 23rd. Stay tuned for a detailed review with pictures and possibly a video.

I will take pictures of every little detail, from materials used, to stitching, to crest, to numbers, to all other logos, and alignments too. Lets see how far 17 US dollars can go in Chinese quality.

Reactions: Amon
Mine came in the other day. I have a modells issue Mix shirt I'll compare it too as soon as I get time to take pix.
I don't know if Jerseys are supposed to run smaller than the shirts but it's way too tight for me to wear.

With Asian purchased items you should always size up. Remember us Westerners tend to be heftier than them lol.

Or we can just pretend they size it tight, similar to how authentics are tighter than replicas =P

Mine came in the other day. I have a modells issue Mix shirt I'll compare it too as soon as I get time to take pix.
I don't know if Jerseys are supposed to run smaller than the shirts but it's way too tight for me to wear.
Also, please let us know how long shipping took, as well as your feelings on communication and service with the seller.

I only communicated with them to ask a stupid question I already knew the answer to - if I'd have to choose 'custom' to get a Mix Jersey, which of course I did - and they answered me literally two minutes later in perfectly clear English.
My order was "paid successfully" 5/12 and in my mailbox on 5/26. According to them it was delivered 5/26 but I hadn't checked the mail for a couple days. I took a bunch of photos but the lighting in my apartment is awful and my phone is a piece of shit. So I'll try to get better photos done tomorrow during natural light hours with my actual camera. But in the meantime here's the shitty photos. The colors are not weird like they are in these photos, that an effect of the shitty lighting. Overall I would be happy if it fit. I might ask them if they can make it in a 2 or 3XL.
2015-05-272022.19.44_zpsdxm9xjrm.jpg

2015-05-272022.20.05_zpsarha0d7k.jpg

2015-05-27%2022.19.23_zpsuqxzrybc.jpg

2015-05-272022.20.26_zps8k6v1exy.jpg

2015-05-27%2022.21.03_zpsjuohtjsm.jpg

These are supposed to show how much smaller it is than the T shirt in the same size (size is XL)
2015-05-27%2022.22.00_zpsjwi0tlp2.jpg

2015-05-27%2022.25.02_zpsmbinhesv.jpg

Reactions: jaycrewz
Feel wise, how does the material feel? And what do you think of the quality of the screen printing?

I'm no expert, but it seems like good material to me. The ink worries me a bit. It feels a bit like it may start peeling. It seems sort of stiff, flat, tight. If it's not loose or perfectly flat while you wear it I'd worry about cracking.

The jerseys are "fitted", so they said to buy a size larger than you are, if you want it to be really comfy

Feel wise, how does the material feel? And what do you think of the quality of the screen printing?
<snooty voice>I believe what you meant to say was, "what is the material's hand?"</snooty voice>

Please, if we're going to become a fashion board we should at least make the effort to get it right, ya know?

Reactions: jaycrewz
I'm no expert, but it seems like good material to me. The ink worries me a bit. It feels a bit like it may start peeling. It seems sort of stiff, flat, tight. If it's not loose or perfectly flat while you wear it I'd worry about cracking.
Damn, the peeling concern is disconcerting. Well, Ill see how it is once I get it. For under 20 bucks I guess we cant complain.

If it doesnt work out I may try another aliexpress seller, or just give gogoalshop a try. If that doesnt work out either, then Ill know my experiment with China will not have found me a long term supplier.

Well if you're not pleased with your shirt when you get it why don't you just save your money for a replica/authentic? Buying a couple of Chinese fake shirts trying to get it right next time feels kinda pointless when what you really want is the real deal? Sure, they are expensive and some can't afford it. But if you save your money you'll get it..and don't have to worry about the quality, printing etc.

Well if you're not pleased with your shirt when you get it why don't you just save your money for a replica/authentic? Buying a couple of Chinese fake shirts trying to get it right next time feels kinda pointless when what you really want is the real deal? Sure, they are expensive and some can't afford it. But if you save your money you'll get it..and don't have to worry about the quality, printing etc.
If I like the shirt, Ill have a supplier for the long term and save a ton of money. Every supplier is different. If I find a good one, I can save hundreds over the years just like others who've gone the Chinese route. Its all about finding the right seller. And I dont care about "the real deal"....I care about getting a deal.

And from what Ive seen across different sport forums, reddit, and youtube...you can get a few or several good quality Chinese knockoffs for the price of one authentic jersey. I think its totally worth my dollars to try a couple of these China kits out.

The official authentics and replicas are not always perfect either btw.

Well what is "perfect"? Of course there can be some things that's not perfect, like with everything. But when I buy a product I do it because I want the real Adidas NYCFC shirt, with the actual Climacool system. Not a shirt with just "Climacool" printed on it, but no function.
It's not about the Climacool or whatever but what I mean is that when I buy something it's for the quality, not for the quantity and knowing that it's an official product.
I rather support the club buying products from the store, than helping people making their money by producing fake shirts.

But hey, of course I respect your opinion!:)

I dont care about climacool function though. I dont buy these to play sports in them. I may wear them to the gym once or twice...but they are mostly for casual wear. And all I care about is having a thin layer of moisture wicking material.

I had wanted the official one but when I went to the official flagship modells in times sq they only had toddler jerseys. So I got the shirt instead. I still really wanted the Jersey but figured the shirt would hold me over. Someone on here suggested I try the one by Penn Station but I haven't been over there yet. I picked up the aliexpress one because for $17 I figured it'd be worth the gamble just to see. I'll probably get a real Jersey next year but like eeeearly in the season

I tried taking photos with my real camera but I can't get it to focus. Sorry guys my photography skills are a let down I know. But I want to share some evidence of my concerns about the ink.

I carelessly tossed the jersey on the back of a chair last night instead of hanging it up. When I was putting it on the hanger this morning I noticed that the ink had in fact creased/crumpled/more adjectives on one of the letters, no doubt due to my careless treatment of it. I took some close ups so you can get an idea of why I'm thinking the ink is not gonna hold up. It's too thick, and I don't think it's permeated the fabric so much as just sitting on top of it. Enough of my words here's pictures"
2015-05-29%2011.25.31_zpsorswmyhe.jpg

2015-05-29%2011.25.44_zpsuvlwuiug.jpg

2015-05-29%2011.25.05_zps4zzpjdwv.jpg

I tried taking photos with my real camera but I can't get it to focus. Sorry guys my photography skills are a let down I know. But I want to share some evidence of my concerns about the ink.

I carelessly tossed the jersey on the back of a chair last night instead of hanging it up. When I was putting it on the hanger this morning I noticed that the ink had in fact creased/crumpled/more adjectives on one of the letters, no doubt due to my careless treatment of it. I took some close ups so you can get an idea of why I'm thinking the ink is not gonna hold up. It's too thick, and I don't think it's permeated the fabric so much as just sitting on top of it. Enough of my words here's pictures"
2015-05-29%2011.25.31_zpsorswmyhe.jpg

2015-05-29%2011.25.44_zpsuvlwuiug.jpg

2015-05-29%2011.25.05_zps4zzpjdwv.jpg
That's rough. It's always hit or miss when it comes down to jerseys especially when they have the heat pressed logos and names on em. I ordered a USMNT 2015 shirt and the only thing heat pressed on it is the stripes on the neck tag area. I haven't had any issues with it but it seems like if I don't care for it it could crease and crumble maybe even peel off. I'll show you guys some pics.

http://imgur.com/a/PI4wB