What's Going On In Colorado?

Gene

Registered
Donor
Mar 19, 2014
Down & Out
Don Garber will hold a press conference at 3:30 this afternoon in Denver where a "special" announcement is going to be made. According to the small article I linked, the Colorado Lt. Governor will be part of the program.

I wouldn't think they'd bring in a politician just to announce a player signing, so I wonder what's up? I googled Dicks Sporting Goods Park and I saw their stadium is only 7 or 8 years old, so I don't think it's going to be any announcement concerning a new SSS. I saw it holds about 17,500 for soccer, so I wonder if they're going to announce expansion plans?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...er-make-special-announcement-denver-330-pm-et

EDIT: Never mind. I just went back to the article and read some comments that were left since I first read the piece...........probably going to announce Denver will host the All Star game this season.

It would certainly be interesting to see MLS play Arsenal.

Does anyone know why MLS' allstar game is against foreign competition? A friend of mine asked and I had no answer for him.

Reactions: Kjbert
It would certainly be interesting to see MLS play Arsenal.

Does anyone know why MLS' allstar game is against foreign competition? A friend of mine asked and I had no answer for him.
Publicity.

They get publicity here, to all the Arsenal/people that don't watch MLS, and abroad. Arsenal fans in England and elsewhere will likely watch.

This isn't like the NBA. We don't have the best players in the world lining up to play the ASG.

I still wish it was East vs. West but that wont't happen yet.