What's the biggest debateable subject in our team's history?

What's the biggest debatable subject in our team's history?

• #Kreisout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saunders/Slosh/#starteirik

• Pirlo

• 433? 343? 3223? Who the F cares?

• Clone Jersey/man city replica

• Nickname (are we Pigeons/blue/pizza rats...?)

• Total voters
I think the issue may be that we only had two real wants (not even needs) open right now. A pure 9 would be awesome -- Taty is okay and Heber is coming back though. A great LB would be amazing, but is that really where you want to spend your money after two 'meh' signings in Malte and Gudi?

This roster could be in flux over the next few seasons with some of this young talent making bigger moves, maybe they want to see where future gaps and needs may be.

Also. I have no idea how Mitri's situation impacts us right now, that could also be a factor.

Nevertheless, I think we've been extremely lucky to have the talent on this squad that we have had over the last 5 or so seasons. Not many teams have been as consistently well built as ours, so I am not too worried (though it's always a little disappointing when the potential for a big signing doesn't come to fruition).

Always the optimist with this team...
Yeah, I'm not even upset myself. But the narrative developed (I think Crooks and/or Abramowitz might have helped do that IIRC), and as usual, we have no idea what happened: was it never a thing, or did it get dropped because we filled our needs differently in the 1st window and without needing to buy Medina down, did we have to keep the DP slot open because Mitri might come back? Just another club mystery.

Yeah, I'm not even upset myself. But the narrative developed (I think Crooks and/or Abramowitz might have helped do that IIRC), and as usual, we have no idea what happened: was it never a thing, or did it get dropped because we filled our needs differently in the 1st window and without needing to buy Medina down, did we have to keep the DP slot open because Mitri might come back? Just another club mystery.
Yeah, I believe Abramowitz was pushing that narrative pretty hard.

None of these options come close to this debacle in the first days of the team. Almost had to ditch my season tickets over this...

Oh my I don’t even remember this. Cringy
Also opening a thread up and seeing Angela’s name my heart skipped a beat. Thought she was back, just an old thread. Thank. God.

I think the issue may be that we only had two real wants (not even needs) open right now. A pure 9 would be awesome -- Taty is okay and Heber is coming back though. A great LB would be amazing, but is that really where you want to spend your money after two 'meh' signings in Malte and Gudi?

This roster could be in flux over the next few seasons with some of this young talent making bigger moves, maybe they want to see where future gaps and needs may be.

Also. I have no idea how Mitri's situation impacts us right now, that could also be a factor.

Nevertheless, I think we've been extremely lucky to have the talent on this squad that we have had over the last 5 or so seasons. Not many teams have been as consistently well built as ours, so I am not too worried (though it's always a little disappointing when the potential for a big signing doesn't come to fruition).

Always the optimist with this team...

I don't think there's a better roster in MLS than ours. We can go at least 16 or 17 players deep without breaking a sweat. It's incredible for a salary cap league that we're this deep.

Reactions: DeGrozz