Who Will Play This Weekend: Pirlo, Lampard, Both, Neither?

Who will definitely play this weekend vs. Orlando?

• Pirlo

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Lampard

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Pirlo & Lampard

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 26 40.6%

• Total voters
Have a bad feeling it will just be Frank but who knows. Since he probably just touched down at JFK I'd be shocked if Pirlo played, but definitely holding out hope he could maybe go 15-20 mins at the end of the game.

Don't think it's either unfortunately. Since pirlo just landed it'd be kinda crazy to play him since he's been on vacation and hasn't trained since the champions league game (unless I missed something or he's been training privately). Lampard wasn't in training today and apparently went out to a bar in the city tonight so I assume that means he's not going to training tomorrow if he's out late and drinking. So that means he's gonna tarain Thursday and Friday only? Unlikely if he's playing Sunday.

Don't think it's either unfortunately. Since pirlo just landed it'd be kinda crazy to play him since he's been on vacation and hasn't trained since the champions league game (unless I missed something or he's been training privately). Lampard wasn't in training today and apparently went out to a bar in the city tonight so I assume that means he's not going to training tomorrow if he's out late and drinking. So that means he's gonna tarain Thursday and Friday only? Unlikely if he's playing Sunday.
How do you know he's out at a bar? Not that it indicates anything, just curious

I'm not answering this question. I don't want to upset the soccer Gods. Please soccer Gods, let them both play and may you bring a victory for NYCFC. We shall sacrifice our first pick Khiry Shelton for your gracious glory.

What do we get if we offer up a Nemec too?
I think maybe we'll see them on the bench, or for a few minutes, but I'm not too confident. Do we have any word on Lamp's calf strain and how that's going or not going?

Would be great if both played but neither will. Perhaps it'll happen on August 1st. Clue will be when they open all sections.

One thing that Pirlo has going for him is that he'll be able to read his teammates instantly and can just make short, smart passes that will already help in our midfield. He won't have to do much but distribute, even if he connects on 50% of his long passes,it'd be a step up.

Reactions: thesauerchise
It's hard to know for sure. I have to think Pirlo at least makes an appearance. I am guessing Lampard will play too, and that's based only on the guess that he would have played last week if it hadn't been a turf field. It's also a little disingenuous to say he was "out late and drinking" when he made what appears to be a promotional appearance at a soccer bar. You make it sound like he was out clubbing.

My guess. Lampard starts and gets subbed off. Pirlo does not start but gets subbed on, although not for Lampard. We get to enjoy them on the pitch together for maybe 5-10 minutes.

Would love it to be both because I won't make 8/1 but I have a feeling it's too soon for Pirlo. Note that they have opened up the 300 level for Sunday, but nice to see the club taking it easy on promoting a specific player given the lead balloon of marketing a Blue debut for Lampard last time.

Good to see Frank Lampard is out at the clubs/bars/pubs winning over the fans and his teammates in New York.

Just a shame, it's the ones in the wrong shade of blue.

I really don't think Lampard wants to be here at all .

Why don't we just cut him loose and go sign Ganso?

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul
lampard "inured" again and pirlo comes in for like last 15 mins so nycfc can save face for all those in attendance, since they just open 300 level seating

EDIT: my prediction

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
My prediction: Lampard starts and plays the full 90 and superman punches Kaka in the 91st to get a straight red and Pirlo comes on at 60 to play the last 30.

What was he saying about coming here to win games?

I know it's a Chelsea get-together, and that he's trying to mend that bridge so he can go back there at some point. But this isn't a good look.
The worst part is he's saying he's going back to Chelsea eventually.

Damn you English Muffin! You haven't played a single minute for us and you're talking about going back to London?

Frank Lampard will likely play for yet another team, MLS All-Stars, before he plays for NYCFC.

We'll never hear the end of it if that happens. :D

The worst part is he's saying he's going back to Chelsea eventually.

Damn you English Muffin! You haven't played a single minute for us and you're talking about going back to London?
Can you blame him? He hasn't worn the jersey yet and he's already been named an MLS All-Star.

At that point, you can just hang up your boots. You've beaten the game before level one.

It's an MLS Benjamin Button scenario, really. It's the Anti-Drake.

He's starting from the top, and soon he'll be down here.

Reactions: Paul and Drainyoo