Who Will Play This Weekend: Pirlo, Lampard, Both, Neither?

Who will definitely play this weekend vs. Orlando?

• Pirlo

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Lampard

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Pirlo & Lampard

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 26 40.6%

• Total voters
Pirlo's done nothing wrong.

He just made an agreement, he showed up when his agreement said he would. I have no problem if Pirlo doesn't play this week because he just arrived after his earned break.

But Lampard is obviously a vastly different story. Tying up a hugely important DP slot, sitting the bench in Manchester, coming back and not playing for another month (22 games into our season now) while going out and partying with Chelsea fans...

I mean, its beyond insulting with that guy.

What's Lampard supposed to do if he's hurt, sit quietly in his apartment at all times? There's no harm in going to a bar on Tuesday night ahead of a Sunday game even if he is planning to play.

I doubt either of them will play because I think Lampard is legitimately injured and Pirlo just arrived. But it has nothing to do with a trip to the bar last night.

What's Lampard supposed to do if he's hurt, sit quietly in his apartment at all times? There's no harm in going to a bar on Tuesday night ahead of a Sunday game even if he is planning to play.

I doubt either of them will play because I think Lampard is legitimately injured and Pirlo just arrived. But it has nothing to do with a trip to the bar last night.
Come on.

The guy obviously pushed for the move over the Manchester City when they didn't really need him. They were using him so sparingly that even the Manchester crowd were saying how it was a mistake and not worth the trouble of stealing him in the first place.

You also realize a big reason we didn't want him loaned to Manchester is because we realize he's pretty old and he can get hurt. Now he is hurt, just as we feared. Now we've gone 22 games with ZERO Frank Lampard. Should I give him a pass for that?

Then to have him out partying with Chelsea fans saying "Hey guys, can't wait to get back with you!" How come he's not saying to the New York fans "Hey guys, sorry I've totally screwed you over for the past year....and counting! Can't wait to get a game in a New York uniform!"

There's no way he's playing this weekend...

I think we were deceived about the "small knock" or "little calf injury" thing, too.

How could he be completely out this long and them not know from the beginning? This is embarrassing.

Reactions: Drainyoo
There's no way he's playing this weekend...

I think were deceived about the "small knock" or "little calf injury" thing, too.

How could he be completely out this long and them not know from the beginning?
I swear to god if he plays in the All Star game after missing our game due to injury I'll have lost any respect for the man.

If it was Mix or someone pictured out partying while he was injured - even joking around with fans of his old teams - then I'm sure most people on here would be falling over themselves trying to fawn over what a legend he was.

I get that people are frustrated at having to wait longer now Lampard's finally here, but people actually think he's angling for a move back to Chelsea? Come on.

If it was Mix or someone pictured out partying while he was injured - even joking around with fans of his old teams - then I'm sure most people on here would be falling over themselves trying to fawn over what a legend he was.

I get that people are frustrated at having to wait longer now Lampard's finally here, but people actually think he's angling for a move back to Chelsea? Come on.
Uhhh definitely not.

A lesser known player would be getting blasted just the same. Maybe more so.

Don't forget the entire story of this saga dates back over a year...

Last edited:
Reactions: mgarbowski
If Mix staged a press conference for a fraudulent signing a year ago, then told us all to kiss off while he played one last hurrah some other team in another country, never apologized or explained himself, then came back and got "injured", and had played not one minute in the 363 says since his fraudulent signing, this comment would make sense.

So you're fine with a team made up of 11 Ned Grabavoys? Good luck with that.

Gozer: The Choice is made!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Whoa! Ho! Ho! Whoa-oa!
Gozer: The Traveller has come!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Nobody choosed anything!
[turns to Egon]
Dr. Peter Venkman: Did you choose anything?
Dr. Egon Spengler: No.
Dr. Peter Venkman: [to Winston] Did YOU?
Winston Zeddemore: My mind is totally blank.
Dr. Peter Venkman: I didn't choose anything...
[long pause, Peter, Egon and Winston all look at Ray]

ray.jpg

Dr Ray Stantz: I couldn't help it. It just popped in there.
Dr. Peter Venkman: [angrily] What? What "just popped in there?"
Dr Ray Stantz: I... I... I tried to think...
Dr. Egon Spengler: LOOK!
[they all look over one side of the roof]
Dr Ray Stantz: No! It CAN'T be!
Dr. Peter Venkman: What is it?
Dr Ray Stantz: It CAN'T be!
Dr. Peter Venkman: What did you DO, Ray?
Winston Zeddemore: Oh, shit!

grabavoy.jpg

[turns to Egon]

View attachment 3069

View attachment 3070

Wouldn't each Grabavoy need a different number? And an all Grabavoy lineup would definitely play a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
Thing is, if he's fit, I expect the league will pressure him to appear.

I will loose confidence if MLS pressures him to play. The league has plenty of stars both international and national talented in their own right to" beg " Lampard to play. I have very little confidence that Saint Lampard will make much difference in our team at one third of the season left.

Reactions: mgarbowski
[turns to Egon]

View attachment 3069

View attachment 3070
What if Jason Kreis is actually Ned Grabavoy?