Who Will Play This Weekend: Pirlo, Lampard, Both, Neither?

Who will definitely play this weekend vs. Orlando?

• Pirlo

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Lampard

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Pirlo & Lampard

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 26 40.6%

• Total voters
If Mix staged a press conference for a fraudulent signing a year ago, then told us all to kiss off while he played one last hurrah some other team in another country, never apologized or explained himself, then came back and got "injured", and had played not one minute in the 363 says since his fraudulent signing, this comment would make sense.

You're seriously suggesting there's something suspicious behind his "injury"? Is that based on anything other than the fact that you're upset he's not played yet?

All I'm asking is for people to look past their past prejudices when they see stuff like this. If a player's legitimately injured, and the club's medical staff don't have any issues then I don't see any reason why they shouldn't do what Frank's doing now. Maybe some people think Frank needs to be hyper-sensitive in the event of a coincidental injury, and spend his time in quiet atonement, praying for forgiveness from any NYCFC fans he might have offended until he's healthy. But I just thought we were all more adult than that.

You're seriously suggesting there's something suspicious behind his "injury"? Is that based on anything other than the fact that you're upset he's not played yet?

All I'm asking is for people to look past their past prejudices when they see stuff like this. If a player's legitimately injured, and the club's medical staff don't have any issues then I don't see any reason why they shouldn't do what Frank's doing now. Maybe some people think Frank needs to be hyper-sensitive in the event of a coincidental injury, and spend his time in quiet atonement, praying for forgiveness from any NYCFC fans he might have offended until he's healthy. But I just thought we were all more adult than that.
If you feel mature by berating people for having fun by making sport of a multimillionaire who lied to them, have at it.

The way it is looking I can see Lampard sitting out, because hey what is another game. I am really starting to question if we ever see this guy this season, if ever in a NYCFC uni. I can see Pirlo coming on as a sub in the second half. But guess what, who gives a flying you know what, all I care about is 3 points.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
If Lampard never plays a game this season, can fans sue NYCFC and/or CFG?

You fuck team over, you don't get the benefit of the doubt.

-The fake signing ceremony he mentioned in his first sentence?
-Quietly releasing the Lampard extension news late New Year's Eve night in a little post on their website?
-Promises of a New York uniform then handing us ManCity uniforms
-The questionable crest designing contest

The powers that be in this organization are exetremely shady.

-The fake signing ceremony he mentioned in his first sentence?
-Quietly releasing the Lampard extension news late New Year's Eve night in a little post on their website?
-Promises of a New York uniform then handing us ManCity uniforms
-The questionable crest designing contest

The powers that be in this organization are exetremely shady.

So this isn't a routine calf strain, but some kind of fake injury concocted to serve an (as-yet undetermined) CFG conspiracy?

hqdefault.jpg

So this isn't a routine calf strain, but some kind of fake injury concocted to serve an (as-yet undetermined) CFG conspiracy?

hqdefault.jpg
No here's the problem:

"The good news is that I should be back in full training next week."
-Frank Lampard 7/10/15

Another over-promise, under-deliver routine from Lampard.

Oh I'm just going to Man City to stay in shape for a few months.

Oh I'm just staying until Yaya gets back from AFCON.

Oh I'm staying until the end of the EPL season, but I'll be in great shape when I finally come to NYCFC

Oh I'm out this week but I'll be back next week.

LOL How many times should we take this bit?

So he picked up a calf sprain in practice about 2 weeks ago before the TFC match. Both Frank and the team gave quotes saying it was minor knock and he should be back training in 2-3 days. 2 games and 2 weeks later he's not even practicing. Do I think its some type of conspiracy, no. Do I think this is more horrible PR by both Frank and the team, absolutely. At 38 years old injuries are unpredictable so don't come out and say 2-3 days when that's most likely absolute best case. Tell the league not to nominate him for the all star game when he's hurt and the time table is unknown. If the league doesn't listen and still nominates him don't plaster stuff about the nomination all over the team website and social media. On it's own the whole thing is not a big deal. After all the non-sense misleading PR around this guy its totally unacceptable at this point. Someone needs to give the NYCFC HR department some training on under promising and over delivering.

Edit: didn't see NYCFCFan10 NYCFCFan10 post before posting, sorry for the redundancy.

Exactly, the team can sell tickets if they keep you thinking "Well, maybe this is the week he'll finally play."

Which is exactly why they will not debut on the same night. Think about it. A Pirlo day debut, full house. A Lampard debut, full house. Pirlo and Lampard side by side debut, another full house. It's evident it's all about the money with this club. When your owners are oil czars and doing business with the Yankees, the only single thing they care about is money and will do anything, take any shortcut to make a dollar.

Reactions: PaddingtonB.
Soccer team is coy about star with injury, misleads about extent of injury. In other news, the grass is green, the sky is blue, and the Red Bulls are in New Jersey.
You have to admit, you'd be hard pressed to find another club and player that have been "coy" with a player's status for over an entire year...