Who Will Play This Weekend: Pirlo, Lampard, Both, Neither?

Who will definitely play this weekend vs. Orlando?

• Pirlo

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Lampard

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Pirlo & Lampard

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 26 40.6%

• Total voters
Again, I'm not sure what else you would expect. Global football is the sport of global capitalism. It is literally only about the money. Their product is entertainment, and are we not entertained?
f5ff8bbf2baedef02048f6de48f8b821ad10334a9747e5bf630d78775c0dd61f.jpg

Said he hopes to play on Sunday but we will wait and see... so we still don't know lol

I get the impression Pirlo will play on Sunday whether he starts or how much he plays depends on the next couple of days.

Reactions: dex and JayH
No way he starts, if he plays, I'd imagine.

He just returned from vacation on Tuesday to join the team and most everyone else on the field is mid-season match fit.

Again, I'm not sure what else you would expect. Global football is the sport of global capitalism. It is literally only about the money. Their product is entertainment, and are we not entertained?

No I am not entertained. I'm a mets fan too. How do you feel about them not putting out competitive teams? Same situation here. Do not accept mediocrity. We're in the lower lower half of the standings, so no it is not entertaining.

Pirlo is likely to play Sunday. Kreis said they'll use game film to catch him up. He said he and the other players were clearly impressed today.

When asked about Lampard he said "no update yet" but what you don't get from that was the icy look of death he made.

My guess:
Pirlo 75% to play
Lampard 10%

No I am not entertained. I'm a mets fan too. How do you feel about them not putting out competitive teams? Same situation here. Do not accept mediocrity. We're in the lower lower half of the standings, so no it is not entertaining.
So you watch and follow the Mets team but aren't entertained by them? That really doesn't make any sense

You have to admit, you'd be hard pressed to find another club and player that have been "coy" with a player's status for over an entire year...
See? They're geniuses, bringing it to the level of a true art form!

I watch for my clubs and teams to win.
That's not being a fan, that's being a front runner. Win or lose I love this team (and the Mets). Yeah, winning is better of course. But I support the team regardless.

I'm not happy with the Mets not putting out non-competitive teams. But I'm still a fan. Even if the team's mediocre. And I *am* entertained because I love the game of baseball. So even if the team is terrible I'll still go to a game every now and then. (Note though that their "non-competitive" team is still solidly in second place, with plenty of time left in the season.)

A true fan sticks by their team. Even if they happen to suck at the moment.

I would argue that watching your team to win, would be for entertainment.

Not sure how else that could be classified.

You and the other guy aren't getting what I am trying to say. The club management should be more focused on winning than separating the debuts of their star players in an attempt for larger attendances and more media hype.

And Seth, you too are clearly missing what I was saying. I always stick by my team, including the mets, win or lose. But unlike you I don't accept mediocrity and I am not okay with ownership cutting corners while putting together a below average team.

You and the other guy aren't getting what I am trying to say. The club management should be more focused on winning than separating the debuts of their star players in an attempt for larger attendances and more media hype.

And Seth, you too are clearly missing what I was saying. I always stick by my team, including the mets, win or lose. But unlike you I don't accept mediocrity and I am not okay with ownership cutting corners while putting together a below average team.
Oh, I got your main point. That was easy to decipher. Demand great teams.

But to be clear, for both me and Seth, you definitely gave the vibe that a) you don't understand what "entertained" means and b) that you don't quite stick with your teams win or lose

Reactions: Seth
Which is exactly why they will not debut on the same night. Think about it. A Pirlo day debut, full house. A Lampard debut, full house. Pirlo and Lampard side by side debut, another full house. It's evident it's all about the money with this club. When your owners are oil czars and doing business with the Yankees, the only single thing they care about is money and will do anything, take any shortcut to make a dollar.

This is awesome. You may just have blown the whole thing open. Amazing that so few other sports franchises have cottoned on to this surefire goldmine strategy.

Depends on whether you find root canals entertaining, because that's what watching us is like about 75% of the time.

Depends on whether you find root canals entertaining, because that's what watching us is like about 75% of the time.
You are so wrong it's not even funny... Grabavoy is a magician and watching him play this year has been incredible and I'm getting chocked up just thinking of how he can orchestrate the game and his incredible touch on those back passes... Seriously I can't... I've tried to come up with the words to describe his genius and have failed.

You're seriously suggesting there's something suspicious behind his "injury"? Is that based on anything other than the fact that you're upset he's not played yet?

All I'm asking is for people to look past their past prejudices when they see stuff like this. If a player's legitimately injured, and the club's medical staff don't have any issues then I don't see any reason why they shouldn't do what Frank's doing now. Maybe some people think Frank needs to be hyper-sensitive in the event of a coincidental injury, and spend his time in quiet atonement, praying for forgiveness from any NYCFC fans he might have offended until he's healthy. But I just thought we were all more adult than that.

Don't ever use that tone of voice with someone in my section.