Why Dont Mullins, Poku, And Shelton Start Every Game?

jaycrewz

Registered
Mar 2, 2015
Seriously...why not start these guys. I just got done listening to the game on the radio, and the play by play guy was praising these guys for being productive every time they are subbed in. He was talking about how they give the team creativity and a jolt off the bench.

Then wtf...why not start all of them every single game moving forward. Clearly the fans like them, and clearly they show quality and help our anemic offense.

Jeez....whats Kreis reasoning on why these 3 are on the bench so much.

This fan tweet says it best

<a href=" ">

Reactions: Gavin23
Didn't we start Shelton for a few weeks and people were all "He's not ready yet, back to the bench with him!"

Reactions: edurban
Didn't we start Shelton for a few weeks and people were all "He's not ready yet, back to the bench with him!"

Who said that? He deserves to start more than a Velasquez or Ballouchy. Also to the OP the answer is simple...they lack charachter.

I liked how we restarted Nemec but we need Alvarez to shoot corners his way. They both need to play on the same time.

What I don't get is why with very little injuries, we have a different line up every single week?? That shouldn't happen. Too much tinkering is never good. I don't care who starts, but we should have the same XI every week.

Reactions: thesauerchise
Shelton works best off the bench. When he starts his impact wanes after one half. He's a rookie, you cannot expect him to give a great 90 minutes and it has been proven so far.

Poku is brand new to MLS, so obviously some learning needs to happen. That being said Kreis did indicate that he will likely start when Mix is with the USMNT next week.

I agree with Poku and Mullins....Shelton should be on the bench and Velasquez should start.

Nemec should be locked in the lineup going forward. He's capable of hold-up play and distributing balls lumped forward with his head. He looked energetic and dominant in the air at times last night. Brings something to the attach that no one else on the roster is capable of. Poku should get a chance to start. Shelton, no thanks. Loses the ball too easily, looks scared to go into 50/50's, and other than occasionally making a play with his speed, I don't know what people see him doing out there that's valuable

Nemec should be locked in the lineup going forward. He's capable of hold-up play and distributing balls lumped forward with his head. He looked energetic and dominant in the air at times last night. Brings something to the attach that no one else on the roster is capable of. Poku should get a chance to start. Shelton, no thanks. Loses the ball too easily, looks scared to go into 50/50's, and other than occasionally making a play with his speed, I don't know what people see him doing out there that's valuable

sorry but Nemec is utter shit

I meant as in, most of our changes don't really have anything to do with injuries. Sure there were changes because of injuries, but I don't get why there are so many changes that aren't forced.

Just not sure how you separate the two. We've had injuries all over the field, so there's bound to be changes in lineup/formation.

I mean, I want a set XI as much as anyone, but the season hasn't cooperated.

Reactions: forfalskning
Just not sure how you separate the two. We've had injuries all over the field, so there's bound to be changes in lineup/formation.

I mean, I want a set XI as much as anyone, but the season hasn't cooperated.
I mean like chopping and changing the forwards (no one ever knows who's gonna start between Mullins, Shelton, or Nemec) , midfielders, and back like. I know injuries haven't helped, but it seems like we always have a different line up regardless of which players are injured.

Reactions: jaycrewz
Nemec hasn't been starting because he's been hurt. If I'm not mistaken this was his first game back.

For what it's worth, he was much more effective this game since the team learned to cross the ball while he was out. Hopefully he continues to get minutes.

Shelton works best off the bench. When he starts his impact wanes after one half. He's a rookie, you cannot expect him to give a great 90 minutes and it has been proven so far.

Poku is brand new to MLS, so obviously some learning needs to happen. That being said Kreis did indicate that he will likely start when Mix is with the USMNT next week.
This man knows what he's talking about. Give Shelton time and I think he will be a starter but it's going to take maybe a season or more until he's ready to play 90 minutes professionally. Poku shows some quality and just needs time.

As was said elsewhere, Nemec is good at being a target and holding up play. I think he works well and we know he can finish. While we're not playing great these days I see some hope with these guys.