Why Dont Mullins, Poku, And Shelton Start Every Game?

Have to agree, Shelton is best off the bench. He is already about to his college season minutes. The MLS season is something he will grow into. Poku will get time as he develops. He goes forward well, but doesn't transition well off the ball yet. He did better getting into position this last game, so his work on the training ground is paying off. Looking forward to this weekend to see how a start goes for him. Hopefully, we can get 65 solid minutes from him. Mullins is better late in the game off the bench it seems when fresh legs against tired are needed.

Injuries, poor play, and stuff behind the scenes has made a consistent starting 11 impossible. Saturday was finally a diamond formation that Kreis was originally trying to staff for. It took changes to the backline to pull that off. Consistency will come as the cream rises. Not a single player has had a good full 90 except possibly Saunders.

Reactions: Paul
My view is that if we don't win games anyway, and our young players aren't drastically worse than our older ones, if any worse at all, so we might as well play all our young players. We can't do any worse and might as well prepare for the future.

Reactions: jaycrewz and Kjbert
My view is that if we don't win games anyway, and our young players aren't drastically worse than our older ones, if any worse at all, so we might as well play all our young players. We can't do any worse and might as well prepare for the future.

Post if the thread. If our older guys aren't going to win, you need to develop the future. Poku, Mullins, Shelton, Dunny and McNamara. Let them run out there.

I agree that Khiry works best off the bench. Poku should be starting, and he will probably get the chance on Saturday. And we can all hate on ballouchy but he has the majority of our goals so...

i wanna see poku as a striker

Eric Wynalda seemed to believe he was a striker. Why not? He's got the physical strength to act as a hold up player. He's not particularly fast, but he is quick. Would be interesting to see him alongside Villa. Could play like a Romelu Lukaku role. Run at defenders and hold the play up.

Eric Wynalda seemed to believe he was a striker. Why not? He's got the physical strength to act as a hold up player. He's not particularly fast, but he is quick. Would be interesting to see him alongside Villa. Could play like a Romelu Lukaku role. Run at defenders and hold the play up.
Plus it's not like he could score any less than our current strikers.