Wilmington Hammerheads Will Not Play in 2017

Harrisburg City is the only relatively close USL team not affiliated with an MLS team...

Reactions: Kjbert
I've been pushing for that since 2015. Theyre called the City Islanders, they use sky blue too!

will we really use the affiliate ? i mean this year we did not send anyone there and we could of sent gomes or rawls.

will we really use the affiliate ? i mean this year we did not send anyone there and we could of sent gomes or rawls.

We must've used it to some extent. I believe the affiliation rules say it's mandatory to send at least four players out on loan to your affiliate at some point in the season.

We must've used it to some extent. I believe the affiliation rules say it's mandatory to send at least four players out on loan to your affiliate at some point in the season.

really? i seriously doubt we did that this year...last year we did i think when they played red bull II we sent 3 and i think johanssen was there i think for a game ?

this one i dont recall ever sending anyone...i know there were a few guys from them coming up to train with us ( even using a few for the necaxa game)

really? i seriously doubt we did that this year...last year we did i think when they played red bull II we sent 3 and i think johanssen was there i think for a game ?

this one i dont recall ever sending anyone...i know there were a few guys from them coming up to train with us ( even using a few for the necaxa game)

Yeah, I don't recall anything happening either, but I'm 99% sure I remember that rule from when I read up on affiliation back in 2015 when we first linked up with Wilmington. At a guess, we either flaunted the rules flagrantly or gipped them somehow by loaning trialists of some sort, maybe.

Yeah, I don't recall anything happening either, but I'm 99% sure I remember that rule from when I read up on affiliation back in 2015 when we first linked up with Wilmington. At a guess, we either flaunted the rules flagrantly or gipped them somehow by loaning trialists of some sort, maybe.

Without trying to check, I though it was required just to have an affiliate. Probably because it comes with some other support benefits for the USL team as part of the MLS-USL partnership. Maybe some resource share or something.