World Cup Qualifying - 2018 Russia

Even putting aside whether Giovinco deserves a look (which I think he does), the manner in which it is addressed by the manager is condescending bullshit. It is one thing to elegantly deflect questions about whether he is good enough for the team. It is another to use those questions as an opportunity to arrogantly shit all over an entire league. Plus, his whole mentality is based on MLS 1.0, and he doesn't even realize that we've progressed two steps beyond that. He's an ignorant dick, and his team deserve to lose.

Would Giovinco be leading Serie A in goals? Almost certainly not. Maybe Ventura has a point.

here's fodder to be blocked- country over club and league.

For me- that extends to both the US and Italy (citizen of both) across all sports. If the US national basketball coach dumped on an American playing in Italy and on the Italian basketball league, I'd say fine. Cause at the end of the day, I'm not a citizen of the MLS or the NBA or Serie A.

Go USA and Forza Italia. The leagues are a distant second for me regardless of the sport.

here's fodder to be blocked- country over club and league.

For me- that extends to both the US and Italy (citizen of both) across all sports. If the US national basketball coach dumped on an American playing in Italy and on the Italian basketball league, I'd say fine. Cause at the end of the day, I'm not a citizen of the MLS or the NBA or Serie A.

Go USA and Forza Italia. The leagues are a distant second for me regardless of the sport.

yooo agree but i get so much shit for saying this

Reactions: Christopher Jee
here comes the "i don't agree with you so you're wrong and i hate you and im going to block you because i only want to see things that make me happy" posts

here comes the "i don't agree with you so you're wrong and i hate you and im going to block you because i only want to see things that make me happy" posts

If I'm blocked because I prioritize national success over club or league reputation, then I'm fine with it. Objectively, any nation that has more WC titles, Champions League wins, etc has earned the right to say whatever the hell they want in that respective sport.

Reactions: Mario
I don't need to justify shit here, but yes, you join this forum 2.5 years ago, make exactly zero posts about its main topic, then break your cherry to join the most obnoxious group since the Man City Lampard posters, yes. That deserves ignore.

Would Giovinco be leading Serie A in goals? Almost certainly not. Maybe Ventura has a point.
No, perhaps not. But he would probably be playing more than 2' or 6' a game off the bench like some of the players that made the roster.

No, perhaps not. But he would probably be playing more than 2' or 6' a game off the bench like some of the players that made the roster.
* looks up eder*
"oh hes only played 6 minutes this year, giovinco is surely better"

FYI - eder would start on and serie a team except for inter, napoli and juve. not only would he start, he would score at least 15-20 goals like he did at sampdoria. but fuck do i know, i dont watch serie a on a weekly basis. i just started watching soccer when my local team came around so i use some bullshit stat at the start of the fucking season.

graziano pelle - was to top goal scorer and had the most assists as a striker in the eredivisie before going to southampton. never got a call to the national team when they were desperate for strikers

Reactions: Joseph Bianco
what forwards are you looking at that only play 2-6 minutes... theyre all starters
I wasn't looking at forwards as I don't necessarily think Giovinco is one. Sure, he plays as a secondary striker for TFC, but he's a #10 with skills to play on the wing as well.

I was looking before at Pellegrini and Bernardeschi. Someone else pointed out earlier that Pellegrini may not be a great example, so that was an error on my part.

But mostly, I don't think Gio is a forward, but he's there for TFC because that's where they need him.

I wasn't looking at forwards as I don't necessarily think Giovinco is one. Sure, he plays as a secondary striker for TFC, but he's a #10 with skills to play on the wing as well.

I was looking before at Pellegrini and Bernardeschi. Someone else pointed out earlier that Pellegrini may not be a great example, so that was an error on my part.

But mostly, I don't think Gio is a forward, but he's there for TFC because that's where they need him.

bernardeschi who is so good that Juve just picked him up?

i dont mean to come off as condescending but this is something i actually follow and im telling you gio doesnt have a place

I don't need to justify shit here, but yes, you join this forum 2.5 years ago, make exactly zero posts about its main topic, then break your cherry to join the most obnoxious group since the Man City Lampard posters, yes. That deserves ignore.

Members have personally attacked others and haven't elicited this reaction from you. Is defending a national team decision, even for a first post really that offensive? Not asking for a justification. I'm just trying to understand where the line is.

bernardeschi is one of the most talented youth products in italy. he was a stud for fiorentina last year and will make his way into juves first team or get sold and shine at his next club which will probably be outside of italy.

pellegrini, 21 year old who starred for sassuolo, just sold to roma who will be featuring him in their midfield soon.

ventura isnt stupid, this isnt bruce arena coaching a bunch of shit heads.

Reactions: Joseph Bianco