World Cup Qualifying - 2018 Russia

Members have personally attacked others and haven't elicited this reaction from you. Is defending a national team decision, even for a first post really that offensive? Not asking for a justification. I'm just trying to understand where the line is.
Ask me one more time. I don't know how more clearly to say it.
but here with more details for those who cannot read between the lines.

He joined the forum 2.5 years ago.
I presume he is in fact a NYCFC fan, because he did in fact join the forum 2.5 years ago.
But he never once made a post in all that time about the forum's main topic. Or any topic.
He then made his first post in a passive aggressive asshole way to Gator.
He did so to defend the honor of Italy, when Italy is already the most over-discussed off-topic topic on the board because we have a large contingent who cannot let the lightest criticism to Pirlo, Italy, Serie A, or anything related go unanswered, and remind me of the Blue Moon Lampard contingent who thought we all needed and wanted lessons in appreciating Manchester City FC.
I don't need more of that. I am willing to tolerate it from people who actually offer useful relevant discussion points, but I hell as fuck won't tolerate it from a first post.
Got it?
Is that still unclear?
giphy.gif

I too wish people would be nicer to each other everywhere. But years of experience teaches me it's not happening. Especially on the internet. Toughen up, snowflakes.
Power of one, brah.

My personal policy is asymmetrical. Try to be nice on the output side. Try to be ok with not-nice people on the input side. I know you weren't implying that you are symmetrically not-nice but your post could be interpreted as endorsing it.

Brazil is already qualified.....even if they lose all their games they would end up in top 4 of conmebol (direct qualifier)

They qualified back in March when they beat Paraguay.

Argentina is the only one suffering as its a tight race for 3 other spots. It sits in 5th now having a playoff with Oceania
I actually had someone else tell me that (re: Brazil) at this bar. But I was adamant that he was wrong.

I'm guessing that it's due to other matches played amongst other teams and points will be lost. The way I was calculating it was strictly on points had, and points that could be made up, without considering other matchups will result in lost points to other teams

Mgarb is actually one of the nicer guys here, I have to assume he's having a really shitty day or something.
Yeah I like mgarbowski mgarbowski, dude was nice enough to give me a milan keeper jersey for free. Plus that jersey is fresh to death.
I put a guy on Ignore because I thought his first post was obnoxious. I usually Like first posts even if they're a bit naive, ignorant or redundant because I like to welcome newbies. But this first post was passive-aggressive obnoxious. So I put him on Ignore and I explained why. I was then asked 2 more times to explain why. I explained 2 more times, even though I thought I was pretty clear. I'm actually having a good day, but admit I got a bit salty. But I maintain the guy deserved it. And I appreciate the criticism laced with support (or is it the other way around). Cheers.

I'm not sure how asking an "honest question" is a passive aggressive obnoxious comment. It was a simple question because I would have liked to known the knowledge of the person before I insulted their intelligence. I'm also not sure why me joining a long time ago and not being active is a big deal. I'm making a conscious effort to be more active in the forum community and the way you jumped down my throat was uncalled for. In the end, I'm a big boy though and I can handle myself regardless of how you're going to behave. Maybe you should get to know me first before you act like that if you can't control your emotions.

In any case, let's get back to talking about World Cup matches.

Last edited:
Realizing the free Go90 app having Bein is amazing considering the US-Honduras match will be broadcast there.

Watching PAR-CHI now.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Copa America 2015 winners. Copa America Centenario winners. Confederations Cup runners up.

And might not even qualify for the World Cup. Wow, Chile.

Reactions: mgarbowski
There's still 5 min + stoppage time but I expected more offense in the ARG vs URU match. 2 attack loaded teams with weaker defenses and it's a 0-0 game.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
The color commentator (not the play by play guy) for BRA-ECU is funny and nuts.
Pretty sure these 2 are the main guys for La Liga matches. I usually hear them doing Barcelona or Madrid matches. Definitely one of the better pairs on Bein Sports.

Reactions: Schwallacus