You know what I find special about our fan base?

I think you have to throw Orlando in the mix as well. Last year they consistently had many fans filling up their stadium and seem to be doing it again this year
Agreed. Though this is highly unscientific, I spent a couple of months in the Orlando area for work last summer and driving around, it seemed like one out of 4 cars had a Orlando City magnet on the bumper.

I also met an owner of a sports bar in the Orlando area, while at another bar watching a Gold Cup match, and we chatted about soccer a bit. He mentioned that on Orlando City gamedays, his bar was always packed.

It's great to hear how soccer is becoming a nationwide sport in America and not something associated with just Women

I don't have a much knowledge as a lot of people on here of the MLS, I took notice when Beckham went over and feel like that was the starting point of the MLS getting recognised, obviously with two teams being added in big cities in New York and Orlando and some famous footballers coming over helps it a lot, as a football fan for over 20 years it's actually refreshing to enjoy something different, entertaining and new, with the corporate side taking over teams in England and Europe, their is a divide starting to form with some passion fans who are failing out of love with their team and starting to take interest in local teams as they feel they being priced out by the big teams

With me it was the point of wanting to watch something apart from English Football, general european football has declined post 2010 in there are certain teams who are just domaining their own league, when this New York venture was being mentioned, I took notice and when they signed David Villa who at the time was still a top level player I really took noticed, I remember sitting down watching the first game against Orlando and was impressed as I thought the standard would of been bad in the MLS but was pleasantly surprised in how their some really good talent who could make it in Europe

Reactions: ferrarinycfc
I have never seen anything like our fan base in MLS history. We have folks who are raised in NYC. Some of these fans still live in NYC or the tri-state area, and some, like me, have moved away to other parts of the country, but still love NYC and consider NYC teams our home team.

these guys consider themselves die-hard NYCFC fans.We also have a number of fans, that really do not have ties to the NYC area, that live outside of the US but for some reason or another gravitated to NYCFC. Maybe it was David Villa? Maybe it was Lampard? Maybe it was Pirlo? Maybe it was CFG, and fans of Man City and Melbourne etc, have become NYCFC.
Whatever the reason is, I find these fans to be great such as our boy Falastur. What other MLS team can come close to having this type of varied support? I can't think of any, and like I said, I have not seen any support within MLS like this.

I appreciate all of you, and this forum is the best fan online experience there is, in any sport, in any league. And the only reason is US. The fans.

I can't wait for the 2016 season to start and to banter and talk about our team, Cheers!

We New Yorkers believe we are Gods gift to the rest of humanity and we love our soccer :cool: Cheers