Zac Macmath

I'd imagine they will try and trade him pre-draft. I am sure there will be suitors for him given his age and pretty small salary at $120,000. I wouldn't mind us trading for him if the price is right. If he does make it to the draft he would be a great pick up.

Reactions: Kjbert
Does this mean that we can get him?
I haven't read that MacMath public said he wants out but it makes sense.

The guy they signed to replace him is a starter for Algeria so they need a strong backup. Philly might protect MacMath and MBolhi. Their 3rd GK is auto-protected.

I hope the deals start coming in now that the season is over. I imagine teams would be willing to trade players if they could be protected from our cherry picking .

Yeah I think they will. At the very least a couple of trades will happen. I am excited things are going to pick up now. November you'll see more trades and the dispersal draft. MLS deciding how to complete the Cubo sweepstakes. Then early December we have the expansion draft then it's January transfer window. Things are finally starting to get interesting!

I was reading the Tally Hall to OCSC article and it's said that the deal can't be finalized until December because trades can't be done at this time in the season? Is that right?

Yeah the agreement is in place but it won't be approved by the league until the trade window opens December 8th. Which is the Monday following the cup championship game.

DK would quickly be a fan favorite. Not like Villa or Lamps who will most likely be the favorites for casual fans but for TRSC and the diehards. The guy who doesn't get all the limelight but who's the people's man.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
What hurts the bargaining position of Philly today is 1) Tally Hall was moved already to Orlando and 2) There is one less team in MLS today than yesterday. Kennedy is available. That means there is going to be one less team that will need to acquire a GK through the draft or via acquisition this offseason.

I've never actually seen Kennedy play so I wouldn't be able to say which of the two I'd want

What hurts the bargaining position of Philly today is 1) Tally Hall was moved already to Orlando and 2) There is one less team in MLS today than yesterday. Kennedy is available. That means there is going to be one less team that will need to acquire a GK through the draft or via acquisition this offseason.

There's no need for NYCFC to bargain with Philly. They can't protect MacMath. Unless there's another suitor for MacMath, I'm not sure why NYCFC would need to come to the table.

I read that Philly has the ability to protect all 3 GKs if they wanted to. Funky rules of MLS apply here. DP, Homegrown and Drafted players...

Not even Philly is dumb enough to do that. It's a waste of a protection spot and also they'd have too much money tied up in GK. That Algerian guy makes somewhere around $220k and with MacMath making $110k that's a ton of salary cap sitting on your bench.

Not even Philly is dumb enough to do that. It's a waste of a protection spot and also they'd have too much money tied up in GK. That Algerian guy makes somewhere around $220k and with MacMath making $110k that's a ton of salary cap sitting on your bench.

I don't know that I agree with you. If they think they have leverage (and I don't know when you have to get your protected player list in) with Houston, NYCFC and possibly Orlando still looking for a GK, they could protect all 3. Philly has come out already and stated that there will be major roster turnover this year.

They have probably 400k by my estimate (100k hit for MacMath, 75k hit for Blake and 225k for Rais M'Bolhi). I don't know how that stacks up around the league, but that's roughly 12% of their Cap tied up in GK. I don't think that's crazy.

Reactions: SayWhat44