2016 Preseason Thread

Didn't Mix play a couple of games as a winger for the USMNT?
Not to my knowledge. I believe he's always played somewhere in the midfield. Occasionally as a right or left mid in a diamond, but I wouldn't consider that as a winger.

Not to my knowledge. I believe he's always played somewhere in the midfield. Occasionally as a right or left mid in a diamond, but I wouldn't consider that as a winger.

OK. I thought he played a game or two last year as a RW. I want to say vs. Chile or something. I vividly remember him running down the right side and feeding a beautiful ball to Jozy for a goal. But that could have been as a RM or CAM.

OK. I thought he played a game or two last year as a RW. I want to say vs. Chile or something. I vividly remember him running down the right side and feeding a beautiful ball to Jozy for a goal. But that could have been as a RM or CAM.
Found the goal you were referring to here:

I don't think I saw this game last year, so I did a little digging on the formation and read into how Klinnsman was experimenting with a 3-5-2, then found the following link that shows Mix as playing the LCM with Shea and Yedlin on the wings.

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2015-01-28-chile-vs-us-mens-national-team/lineup

This is much more fun than work on a Friday.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ivan Ivanov is trailing with us. A Bulgarian international with over 40 caps for them, currently with Basel. He is a centerback. I'd much rather him than Bravo.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Ivan Ivanov is trailing with us. A Bulgarian international with over 40 caps for them, currently with Basel. He is a centerback. I'd much rather him than Bravo.

Basel actually terminated his contract. He tore his ACL two years ago, then injured it again while rehabbing it and needed a second surgery. Here's a poorly translated article:

The FC Basel and the Bulgarian defender Ivan Ivanov broke today Monday, December 14, 2015, valid until summer 2016 contract by mutual consent on prematurely. This in order to facilitate the player to continue his career.

The linksfüssige national team of Bulgaria was to Dynamo Kiev by Serbian club FK Partizan Belgrade committed in August 2013 after the transfer of Aleksandar Dragovic, in which he had been two years in the squad. Previously Ivanov played for CSKA Sofia and for the Russian club Alania Vladikavkaz.a tear in the anterior cruciate ligament right to and had to undergo surgery: During the training camp in Marbella Ivanov moved in January 2014 friendly against Eintracht Braunschweig (1 0).

During the rehabilitation period cruciate unfortunately was damaged again due to a second accident. After conservative treatment was not working and the pain in the knee not subsided, all parties involved decided that a further intervention is inevitable. After surgery in September last year the new rehabilitation period, in which, although the 1.86 meter wide and 84-kilogram defender was constantly making progress, but until now could not find back to his old form began.

Nevertheless, he could finally be fully integrated into the training of the first team and graduated in the current season 2015/2016 seven games for the U21.The 27-year-old Ivanov rated his chances to launch his career again with an early termination as greater. The FCB corresponded to the request. (Cfe)

http://www.basellandschaftlichezeit...an-ivanov-wird-vorzeitig-aufgeloest-129815245

If he manages to return to his old form, he'd probably be our best center back. Absolutely worth a flyer, but Lazio apparently was looking at him too the past few weeks and have apparently passed, so we'll see.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Ivan Squared was a stud as of just a couple of years ago until some injuries. Would be a huge score if he's now close to what he was. Big upside look.

Reactions: Kjbert