2016 Preseason Thread

Last preseason matches are tomorrow and Sunday. Vieira said he wants to put guys out for full match times at this point so either we'll see the traditional three subs or mass substations late in the games. We're likely to see the starting lineup for the opening game vs Chicago either tomorrow or Sunday pending any injuries or players returning from injury.

Hoping Johansen is in that starting lineup.

Watching the Seattle-Club America game last night, and I'd be so incredibly happy if we played in a similar style as Club America. They really, really move the ball well, counter well and tend to get a lot of 2v2s or 3v3s. Exciting play.

Reactions: sbrylski and Kjbert
Watching the Seattle-Club America game last night, and I'd be so incredibly happy if we played in a similar style as Club America. They really, really move the ball well, counter well and tend to get a lot of 2v2s or 3v3s. Exciting play.

I watched as well. Seattle looked really good too, especially in the first half. Kind of deserved a better result, but the back line made some mistakes, and Frei was caught out of position a couple times. Dempsey was in peak form.

Reactions: The Toe
Joe-Von Jones is a PLAYER.
Sigi is terrible. They can't play a 4-3-3. Play a 4-4-1-1 with Dempsey tucked in underneath Morris. They wasted Morris and Dempsey playing them out wide yesterday. After those two, they have some miserable forwards.

Reactions: LionNYC
Sigi is terrible. They can't play a 4-3-3. Play a 4-4-1-1 with Dempsey tucked in underneath Morris. They wasted Morris and Dempsey playing them out wide yesterday. After those two, they have some miserable forwards.
But then where does Nelson Valdez play? I couldn't imagine what they were going to do if they had kept Martins.

Reactions: sbrylski

Agreed. If they are going to run a 4-3-3, why the hell would they sell Martins? Imagine a 4-3-3 with Morris and Martins on the wings with Dempsey at striker? That is a terrifying attacking force. But without Martins, a 4-3-3 isn't feasible.

I think Darwin Jones could be decent for them, but only time will tell on that one. That player Kovar also impressed me when he was subbed in.

Reactions: Kjbert

I think they'll grow into the formation. It should play more like a 4-3-2-1, with Dempsey and Morris tucking in underneath Valdez.

Remember, that was their first competitive game together and in that alignment. Give them a few weeks to settle in.

Having all 10 outfield players capable of playing that style would be helpful. Presently that's not the case.

Agreed. If they are going to run a 4-3-3, why the hell would they sell Martins? Imagine a 4-3-3 with Morris and Martins on the wings with Dempsey at striker? That is a terrifying attacking force. But without Martins, a 4-3-3 isn't feasible.

I think Darwin Jones could be decent for them, but only time will tell on that one. That player Kovar also impressed me when he was subbed in.

They had no option. When the Chinese started waving those yuans in front of Martins, he had his bags packed in 10 seconds.

Always have said that Sigi is one of the most overrated coaches. Not because of ur suggestion but a combination of things. I cringed when some of the fans on here mentioned him as a replacement for Kreis.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
See below from RJ Allen.

One thing that is notable about this is how hushed the Club has been in reporting and describing injuries. We suspected he was hurt - because he hasn't played. Now we know it's more serious, but we don't know how serious. Think also about how little we know about what is ailing Frank or JMena and how long they might be out. We know a little about Harrison, but less than we might have last season.

Also, Mix didn't feature last night. Does he have a knock? Who can tell...

Reactions: Kjbert
See below from RJ Allen.

One thing that is notable about this is how hushed the Club has been in reporting and describing injuries. We suspected he was hurt - because he hasn't played. Now we know it's more serious, but we don't know how serious. Think also about how little we know about what is ailing Frank or JMena and how long they might be out. We know a little about Harrison, but less than we might have last season.

Frank who? I have heard that we send a lot of money to some guy named Frank but I've never seen anyone named Frank do anything meaningful for the club.

Photos of the Day:

David Villa bunny ears courtesy of Khiry Shelton.
12783800_554496051390522_8011111505267502371_o.jpg

Lampard helping Mix put on that sports science man-bra
12768234_554495948057199_6723380716651114746_o.jpg

Pirlo, smiling, again...
12779071_554495868057207_5750864697438555859_o.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH