2016 Preseason Thread

IMG Tournament...

NYCFC vs. HB Køge, Feb 20
NYCFC vs FC Cincinnati, Feb 24
NYCFC vs KR Reykjavik, Feb 27
This is so random. How did they come up with these match-ups? Did they throw some darts on a map, backwards, drunk and blindfolded? Where they playing scrabble and someone broke the game with "Knattspyrnufélag Reykjavíkur"?! Or did they draw straws between them, Kugsak-45 and the Wikki Tourists FC?

Reactions: AJS
This is so random. How did they come up with these match-ups? Did they throw some darts on a map, backwards, drunk and blindfolded? Where they playing scrabble and someone broke the game with "Knattspyrnufélag Reykjavíkur"?! Or did they draw straws between them, Kugsak-45 and the Wikki Tourists FC?

both of the Scandinavian teams took part last year so i guess they were invited again

Last edited:
Reactions: FootyLovin
Twellman just said Kreis will be part of Klinsmann's staff for Camp Cupcake. At least we won't have to worry about Mix being injured! He'll be safe on the bench for both games.

Reactions: Kjbert
Twellman just said Kreis will be part of Klinsmann's staff for Camp Cupcake. At least we won't have to worry about Mix being injured! He'll be safe on the bench for both games.
Obviously that means Grabavoy was called in and he's in transit on a plane???

Reactions: Kjbert and BxLio91
Spoke to a club rep for FC Cincinnati, tickets for the tournament will be $5 per day with games at 5:30 and 7pm. Tickets should go for sale at some point next week for anyone interested.

NYCFC will play a friendly against FGCU on 31 January

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/01/13/new-york-city-fc-announces-2016-preseason-schedule

Training Camp in Bonita Springs, Fla. – Jan. 22- Feb. 1

New York City FC vs. Florida Gulf Coast University – Jan. 31

Training Camp in Bradenton, Florida – Feb. 5- 28

New York City FC vs. Montreal Impact – Feb. 17

New York City FC vs. HB Koge – Feb. 20

New York City FC vs. FC Cincinnati – Feb. 24

Last edited:
CYxj4k7WkAAkVIU.jpg:large

Maybe the first look at one of our training jackets? And those shorts? Hm.

CYxj4k7WkAAkVIU.jpg:large

Maybe the first look at one of our training jackets? And those shorts? Hm.

i hope those are generic MLS shorts. i dont want a league logo in each of their shorts. looks weird to me, thats why its in the jersey already

Reactions: LionNYC