2018 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target (vs. Juventus) (Atlanta, Aug 1)

Why would he be?
giphy.gif

Have you been reading the thread??

I understand it's a World Cup year, but shouldn't that have been thought about? As a Juventus fan I was excited about the game, but this is a failure. It's going to be half the team and half young players that won't even make the squad and be loaned out. Juventus has a few academies in the U.S. now. They are trying to have an American affiliation. I know Allegri doesn't want to bring them but this is a negative to the organization. Don't accept the invitation and leave the big name players home. I understand it's the timing, but whatever. It's an embarrassment to Juventus and to MLS. Id be fine with no game. Have some skills competitions and small sided games for the fans. I'm still going by the way, but still gonna vent.

Last edited:
I understand it's a World Cup year, but shouldn't that have been thought about? As a Juventus fan I was excited about the game, but this is a failure. It's going to be half the team and half young players players that won't even make the squad and be loaned out. Juventus has a few academies in the U.S. now. They are trying to have an American affiliation. I know Allegri doesn't want to bring them but this is a negative to the organization. Don't accept the invitation and leave the big name players home. I understand it's the timing, but whatever. It's an embarrassment to Juventus and to MLS. Id be fine with no game. Have some skills competitions and small sided games for the fans. I'm still going by the way, but still gonna vent.
With most big-name European clubs, the preseason is going to be a hassle to get big names as every two years you presumably have to deal with the WC or the Euro. The ICC is a marketing tool and also gives international fans the chance to see their favorite teams live, unfortunately they don't get to actually see their favorite players. Unless you're a big fan of the up and coming 18 year old or aging 34 year old, then good for you. It mostly depends on luck of the draw for which year your club decides to go to your country/region.
I'm not sure of other clubs, but Bayern Munich had a few meet & greets as well as other events like boat tours which did include players and veterans throughout the week.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Four years ago, the All Stars played Bayern Munich right after Germany (and half the Bayern Munich team) won the World Cup.

The stars didn't start for Bayern, but they all made appearances in the 2nd half. In fact, Pep Guardiola was so upset by some of the fouls on his players that he refused to shake Caleb Porter's hand after the game - leaving Porter to follow him around like a forlorn puppy dog. Of course, Pep may also have been unhappy that the All Stars beat his team on a winning goal from former Bayern trialist, Landon Donovan.

Reactions: Schwallacus
"Well, he attended a training so it's like he attended the game, so he can play in the next game :)" Is what needle-nose Don Garbage is gonna say tmrw

So then next year we send our players. And they ‘get hurt’ in the 1st practice. That’s even worse for MLS because they can’t replace the player.

I would like to watch an MLS all-stars against Liga MX all-stars.
All for a unified international club soccer pyramid. Also, if we bring back ancient national team eligibility rules (i.e. play where you play club football) then it's just a straight up international soccer pyramid.

I'd rather have Ring start the game. Leave at halftime. On a jet that's in the air back to New York by the end of the match.

You mean pull a Villa/Pirlo? I remember the video cutting to them leaving the stadium during the second half of the game a few years ago. They played like their contractual 30 minutes and boom, off to the locker room. Joke.

You mean pull a Villa/Pirlo? I remember the video cutting to them leaving the stadium during the second half of the game a few years ago. They played like their contractual 30 minutes and boom, off to the locker room. Joke.

That was even worse since the game was in San Jose and they had to fly cross country. It's two hours in the air back from Atlanta and I don't think Ring will be flying commercial.