2018 Offseason Thread

Jack Harrison has posted no social media of him getting on a plane to Jacksonville. All signs point to a transfer to Stoke.

Jack was not in New York. He has been in LA, headed to NYC.

Reactions: adam
is the whole team there yet? think i saw callens still in Peru.

also, i guess tomorrow or later today we will get list of trialists as well.

is the whole team there yet? think i saw callens still in Peru.

also, i guess tomorrow or later today we will get list of trialists as well.
I saw that as well. That seems weird to me. I thought everyone was going to be reporting today.

I saw that as well. That seems weird to me. I thought everyone was going to be reporting today.

yep....i mean he is working out ( like many things he posts in offseason) so i dont think he will be out of shape

Maxi just seems like one of the happiest guys.

He gets a lot of shit around here as a borderline DP/TAM guy, including from me, but I also wouldn't be surprised for him to be more obviously one of our best players next year. He did have 13 goals+assists last year, and that's what I would set as his floor this year. Led the team in Key Passes (6th in the league) and Assists. If our new wingers get on a few more of the end of those next year, Maxi could easily be a 5/10+ guy. He might be able to be more of a 10 than an 8 this year too, with our midfield hopefully playing more games together.

Last edited:
https://www.nycfc.com/post/2018/01/22/preseason-2018-31-players-travel-jacksonville

Goalkeepers: Andre Rawls, Jeff Caldwell^, Sean Johnson, Brad Stuver

Defenders: Anton Tinnerholm, Saad Abdul-Salaam, Joe Scally^^, Maxime Chanot, Sebastian Ibeagha*, Ryan Felix*, Tyler Shaver^^, Ronald Matarrita, Ben Sweat, AJ Paterson^, Alex Bumpus^, Alex Callens

Midfielders: Alex Ring, James Sands, Yangel Herrera, Tommy McNamara, Kwame Awuah, Maxi Moralez, Justin Haak^^, Dante Polvara^^, Gio Reyna^^

Forwards: Jack Harrison, Jonathan Lewis, David Villa, Rodney Wallace, Jesus Medina, Andre Fortune*

^ Unsigned 2018 MLS SuperDraft pick
* Trialist
^^ Academy Player

Sebastian Ibeagha - USL Defender of the Year 2017, San Antonio FC
Ryan Felix - Rochester Rhinos
Andre Fortune II - Rochester Rhinos

Last edited:
https://www.nycfc.com/post/2018/01/22/preseason-2018-31-players-travel-jacksonville

Defenders: Anton Tinnerholm, Saad Abdul-Salaam, Joe Scally^^, Maxime Chanot, Sebastian Ibeagha*, Ryan Felix*, Tyler Shaver^^, Ronald Matarrita, Ben Sweat, AJ Paterson^, Alex Bumpus^, Alex Callens

Midfielders: Alex Ring, James Sands, Yangel Herrera, Tommy McNamara, Kwame Awuah, Maxi Moralez, Justin Haak^^, Dante Polvara^^, Gio Reyna^^

Forwards: Jack Harrison, Jonathan Lewis, David Villa, Rodney Wallace, Jesus Medina, Andre Fortune*

* Trialist
^^ Academy Player

Something makes my heart skip a beat seeing Gio Reyna on our roster.

* Trialist
^^ Academy Player

Sebastian Ibeagha - USL Defender of the Year 2017, San Antonio FC
Ryan Felix - Rochester Rhinos
Andre Fortune II - Rochester Rhinos

The fact that Gio Reyna is in camp with the team seems like a really big deal.

The fact that Gio Reyna is in camp with the team seems like a really big deal.
I think a bigger deal that Haak, Shavar, Polvara, and Scally are there too. I don't know much about the last two, but Haak and Shaver are legit with the USBNT. Maybe it's just PV giving them a taste of what's next, or they're being used as a litmus test for the drafted players to be compared to, but to have brought 5 guys total says something that about the state of the academy.