2018 Offseason Thread

2 kids right now are at a level that the club would consider bringing them into the fold.

Ain't happening this spring though. Whoever said they needed bodies to train is spot on. It's also a nice reward and taste of the lifestyle for these kids.
Gio and Shaver?

Reactions: adam
2 kids right now are at a level that the club would consider bringing them into the fold.

Ain't happening this spring though. Whoever said they needed bodies to train is spot on. It's also a nice reward and taste of the lifestyle for these kids.
Umm, that would be me. Because I’m not a damned idiot who embraces fantasy on a whim.

Oh yeah, and that was exactly my point.

And dear God, let’s point to SKC as a win. Lets EPB leave on a free. Puts in a fake news claim on Sargent, running him off to Germany to GTFO their system and Vermes typical American bullshit management.

Fuck being SKC in any way.

ETA2: Hire Hugo Perez to run our academy. Or some other person with a Latin American background. That’s going to give us the long term gains. Don’t let anymore fucking English coaches anywhere near MLS. EVER.

Last edited:
Lost in all the sadness about Jack, I forgot there is a game tomorrow! I know its behind closed doors, but I'm still excited.

Does anyone remember if last year's scrimmage against Jacksonville was also considered "behind closed doors?"

Just wondering if we will get a highlight video or behind the scenes video of this game. (Yes, I'm desperate)

Lost in all the sadness about Jack, I forgot there is a game tomorrow! I know its behind closed doors, but I'm still excited.

Does anyone remember if last year's scrimmage against Jacksonville was also considered "behind closed doors?"

Just wondering if we will get a highlight video or behind the scenes video of this game. (Yes, I'm desperate)

I'm pretty sure that I'm correct in thinking that every season has started with a behind-closed-doors game. I have a vague feeling that once some footage did come out of some (not all) of the goals from one of the games, but by and large I believe teams tend to try to actively discourage recording of these games. Stuff like this right at the very start of pre-season is pretty standard and the reason they are done behind closed doors is because the teams use these games to test players for how fit they are and such, and there's no guarantee that the players will have been told to play their normal style or even to be particularly interested in winning (although the standard of the opposition generally makes it hard to lose).

For this reason, teams tend to view it as awkward at best and distracting to the players at worst for footage of the game to get out, which is why they tend to try to suppress it. In other words, don't expect any last-minute streams or post-match highlights.

I'm pretty sure that I'm correct in thinking that every season has started with a behind-closed-doors game. I have a vague feeling that once some footage did come out of some (not all) of the goals from one of the games, but by and large I believe teams tend to try to actively discourage recording of these games. Stuff like this right at the very start of pre-season is pretty standard and the reason they are done behind closed doors is because the teams use these games to test players for how fit they are and such, and there's no guarantee that the players will have been told to play their normal style or even to be particularly interested in winning (although the standard of the opposition generally makes it hard to lose).

For this reason, teams tend to view it as awkward at best and distracting to the players at worst for footage of the game to get out, which is why they tend to try to suppress it. In other words, don't expect any last-minute streams or post-match highlights.
Totally not expecting a stream, but we got this last year from the first game, also against Jacksonville, so I was just hoping for more of the same

Reactions: Vallos
Mark Booth live tweeted it, but it wasn't streamed if I remember correctly.

Reactions: The Toe
Totally not expecting a stream, but we got this last year from the first game, also against Jacksonville, so I was just hoping for more of the same

Yeah I'm sure they'll release some video, since they did last year. Won't be much, but we should get something.

Kinda off-topic, but Medina seems to be settling in really well. Honestly, all the new guys seem really comfortable. Staff should be very proud of that.
Except when Anton Tinnerholm was singing karaoke I think everyone felt mad uncomfortable. Or perhaps I'm projecting.

Reactions: The Toe and Kjbert
Kinda off-topic, but Medina seems to be settling in really well. Honestly, all the new guys seem really comfortable. Staff should be very proud of that.
Pics and vids suggest that Mata has taken him under his wing. That’s great. In the game last night it looks like it carried over to the field. The M&M connection could be a dangerous one.

I watched the highlights last night. Wish there was more. Didn't recognize half the guys that played