2019 Offseason Thread

I typically see some academy players as I walk out of the stadium. I walk from center field to home plate. They're usually talking with each other or friends. I just let them be. They're still kids. Once they sign a professional contract, I'm asking them questions.

James Sands is so shy though. It's nuts.
Oh, the thing was they brought the entire academy team to the RSL game sitting in the bleacher section where I had my season tickets, and I was curious as to what was happening, so I spoke to one of the guys who explained to me, and when he asked if i wanted to speak to him, I actually told the guy I think he'd feel weird, but he said "nah, they love it"... so idk if that was just what the guy said or if it's true.

Reactions: Kjbert
If you would cry upon our signing of Giroud, I can only assume you think we have chances of even more improbable signings, such as Martial, or Aguero, or Griezman. I mean, right now we have Jo Inge Berget, right?

Haha, no need to go directly to the elite names; there are plenty of levels separating the Girouds from the Griezmans. But don't let me stop you from having fun with the idea of aquiring an Andy Carroll level player.

A couple of our guys might be late to camp...
Teams by # of players in the 23 (tie is arbitrarily ranked):
Columbus: 3
NYCFC: 2
Philadelphia: 2
LAFC: 2
DC: 2
Toronto: 2
LA Galaxy: 1
Chicago: 1
Seattle: 1
Portland: 1
Real Salt Lake: 1
Colorado: 1
San Jose: 1
Red Bulls: 1
Montreal: 1
Dallas: 1

That's pretty good for us, I would think. One day we may even see Sands or Haak up there, you never know!

Well Domè is going to use Lewis getting called up for the friendlies as a reason to banish him to the shadow realm yet again.
I dunno. PV not playing Lewis seemed like there was some weird personal vibe. With Dome, it just felt like tinkering with roster and approach. (Based in each case, of course, on overanalyzing media-scrubbed statements or the lack thereof.)

I dunno. PV not playing Lewis seemed like there was some weird personal vibe. With Dome, it just felt like tinkering with roster and approach. (Based in each case, of course, on overanalyzing media-scrubbed statements or the lack thereof.)
Lewis making the final roster for these games shows Lewis has quality. Every player on this roster plays week in week out on mls teams and Lewis should be playing our team simple. No more excuses

Reactions: Kjbert and Vallos
What was the friendly vs Emelec?
Solid point, forgot about that.

My main point though, is I don't think we have enough to be claiming that Haak is definitely better than Ofori offensively (right now). I definitely think he'll get there and hope he can prove that he is ASAP. But Haak playing one friendly isn't a whole lot of data.

I know we're all really high on Haak's potential, but can we wait until he plays at least one game against adults before this?
The best thing about not playing is that nobody is salty about you yet. Once you actually take the field, "he's only got one foot", "is lazy as hell", "looks like he is disinterested", "he is fat", "belongs in USL2" etc.