2019 Offseason Thread

Or it wasn’t that good of a joke.
Maybe you don’t have a sense of humor, or just want to be ornery since you’re smart enough to know a nickname about height has nothing to do with how somebody plays which was the genesis of your smack comment when I said I’d never seen him play.

The dude is like 6’5” and in a picture somebody posted earlier in the thread towers over Weston McKinnie. Hence Lurch.

Reactions: Kjbert
Solid point, forgot about that.

My main point though, is I don't think we have enough to be claiming that Haak is definitely better than Ofori offensively (right now). I definitely think he'll get there and hope he can prove that he is ASAP. But Haak playing one friendly isn't a whole lot of data.
Except that he is an attacking/offensive midfielder and Ofori is more of a holding player. I’d be very surprised if he’s signed to play a role he’s not been playing up until now.

Reactions: Kjbert
Did he impress you in that game?
He looked extremely calm on the ball and was able to bring it forward with authority both on the dribble and passing. Don’t remember if he got in on any tackles, but he had enough flair that the opposing fans were chanting Cavanni every time he touched the ball.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Maybe you don’t have a sense of humor, or just want to be ornery since you’re smart enough to know a nickname about height has nothing to do with how somebody plays which was the genesis of your smack comment when I said I’d never seen him play.

The dude is like 6’5” and in a picture somebody posted earlier in the thread towers over Weston McKinnie. Hence Lurch.
Well the only Lurch I acknowledge is Eirik Johansen.

Well the only Lurch I acknowledge is Eirik Johansen.
giphy.gif

In a perfect world, Sands and Haak are your CM pairing for the next decade. Haak a little better going forward.

Haak actually a good understudy for Parks. Similar players.

If they are starting on team for a decade, something went seriously wrong with their development - MLS needs to be a feeder league if the academies are working

Reactions: adam
If they are starting on team for a decade, something went seriously wrong with their development - MLS needs to be a feeder league if the academies are working

Or they’re Americans and we pay them well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schwallacus
He looked extremely calm on the ball and was able to bring it forward with authority both on the dribble and passing. Don’t remember if he got in on any tackles, but he had enough flair that the opposing fans were chanting Cavanni every time he touched the ball.
Lol I don't think that was his flair.

A little pair of both hair and flair, resulting in a resulting in a chant most fair.
LMAO.
I'd argue that. Like I said go to 1:40 on the game tape.
I'm not arguing that Haak doesn't have flair. I'm arguing that they weren't chanting Cavani because of the flair.

I'm not a fan of Cavani at all FWIW.

LMAO.

I'm not arguing that Haak doesn't have flair. I'm arguing that they weren't chanting Cavani because of the flair.

I'm not a fan of Cavani at all FWIW.

At 1st you're right, they were teasing him. But then after that run @ 1:40, they wanted to see something special again.

At 1st you're right, they were teasing him. But then after that run @ 1:40, they wanted to see something special again.
Lol I've taken this way too far, but I see what you're saying. My point was more that the resemblance is on hair, not on flair because IMO Cavani has no flair.

Handshakes all round.

Reactions: mgarbowski and adam
Because I spotted him at the RSL game and was like "duuude that's Haak!!" and then the nycfc u-whatever coach comes and says "oh yeah! that's him. I'm the u-whatever coach, I can have him come speak to you." and then he brought haak over and i asked him some questions and he must have htought "holy shit someone actually recognized me what the actual fuck" and that, my friends, is why Haak signed with us. :)
I saw him on the subway platform and congratulated him after the U-whatever tourney they won. He's really quite tall and has enormous hands.