2022 Schedule Thread

Why is montreal so great as an away trip? Just the city itself?
Montreal on it's own is a great city to visit without soccer- great food, good people, wonderful cultural life. With soccer, it's even better- stadium is nearby the Olympic park which dates from the era when sports facilities were also considered to be legit venues for innovative architecture. And while the Club de Foot Montreal Stadium may not qualify as innovative, it has a unique feature where all spectators enter at field level en route to their seats which gives the whole experience a level of intimacy with the game that is unique. If you can make the trip, highly recommended!

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
Others can probably speak better to the allures of Montreal
Well, allure #1 is that you can't drive to Paris to get a croissant but you *can* drive to Montreal to get one.
Allure #2: They have a better synthesizer store than anything here in New York.

And they also have bagels. Darn good ones.

Well, allure #1 is that you can't drive to Paris to get a croissant but you *can* drive to Montreal to get one.

Pro Tip: the bagels are great, the croissants are good but the Kouigne Aman is transcendent and not replicated in NYC (or to the best of my knowledge, even Paris).
Also a very easy drive, and a favorable exchange rate.

Reactions: canchon and Kjbert

Joes Meat. Maple syrup. Cuban cigars. Poutine.

Reactions: Revfugee
Just looked at the US Open Cup schedule flagged by LionNYC LionNYC. Not to get too far ahead of ourselves or to jinx things, but NYCFC could play as many as nine games in a four-week stretch from May 1 through May 28:

May 1 (Sun) vs San Jose Earthquakes (YS)
May 4 (Wed) CCL final second leg
May 7 (Sat) vs Sporting KC (CF)
May 10/11 (Tue/Wed) US Open Cup Round of 32
May 14 (Sat) vs Columbus Crew (YS)
May 18 (Wed) @ DC United
May 22 (Sun) vs Chicago Fire (CF)
May 25 (Wed) US Open Cup Round of 16
May 28 (Sat) @ Minnesota United

Even without the CCL final, that's still potentially eight games in four weeks fairly early in the season. And player rotation issues aside, fitting all the matches into my own schedule will take some work.

Last edited:
Just looked at the US Open Cup schedule flagged by LionNYC LionNYC. Not to get too far ahead of ourselves or to jinx things, but NYCFC could play as many as nine games in a four-week stretch from May 1 through May 28:

May 1 (Sun) vs San Jose Earthquakes (YS)
May 4 (Wed) CCL final second leg
May 7 (Sat) vs Sporting KC (CF)
May 10/11 (Tue/Wed) US Open Cup Round of 32
May 14 (Sat) vs Columbus Crew (YS)
May 18 (Wed) @ DC United
May 22 (Sun) vs Chicago Fire (CF)
May 25 (Wed) US Open Cup Round of 16
May 28 (Sat) @ Minnesota United

Even without the CCL final, that's still potentially eight games in four weeks fairly early in the season. And player rotation issues aside, fitting all the matches into my own schedule will take some work.

its gonna be really busy first few months. this NYCFC2 team can really help with some league/ US open cup games.

Reactions: Kjbert
its gonna be really busy first few months. this NYCFC2 team can really help with some league/ US open cup games.
Exactly! Lets send the II team to those first two USOC matches. The USOC is probably the fourth (fifth if you count Supporters Shield) most important trophy we are seeking this year. If the II team makes it, sweet, but I'd rather focus our efforts on maintaining our position in MLS. We've seen other teams struggle when balancing CCL play, so I don't want to push our players towards injury for the USOC early rounds.

Exactly! Lets send the II team to those first two USOC matches. The USOC is probably the fourth (fifth if you count Supporters Shield) most important trophy we are seeking this year. If the II team makes it, sweet, but I'd rather focus our efforts on maintaining our position in MLS. We've seen other teams struggle when balancing CCL play, so I don't want to push our players towards injury for the USOC early rounds.

the only thing is we dont know what type of players will play in this nycfc 2 team. if tis a bunch of 16/17 year olds then only like one or two will see minutes. This is where the tony rochas/ Torres would of been useful but they gone.

i put US open cup > campeones cup and shield but thats just me.

1. CCL
2. MLS Cup
3. US Open Cup
4. Supporters' Shield
5. Campeones Cup

2, 1, 4, 3, 5

giphy.gif

I’m open to switching 1and 4, though.

I like this game!

1.) CCL
2.) MLS Cup
3.) Supporters Shield
4.) USOC
5.) Cash grab event.

Some caveats. CCL is the most desirable trophy, but a disappointing run will probably frustrate me less than a disappointing MLS season, such as missing the playoffs, would. I want CCL, and I think our roster on December 11th could truly compete for it. However, if we enter the tournament without Taty, Sands, and Maxi, we aren't winning that thing.