Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Season opener will be at Orlando for the opening of their new stadium.
Would love to win this one more than a normal game. Not even because of Kreis, they're just the saltiest fans. The whole forced rivalry thing from them was over the top.

5pm Kickoff ESPN and WFAN Broadcast

Thoughts on lineup and subs?

Season opener will be at Orlando for the opening of their new stadium.
Would love to win this one more than a normal game. Not even because of Kreis, they're just the saltiest fans. The whole forced rivalry thing from them was over the top.

5pm Kickoff ESPN and WFAN Broadcast

Thoughts on lineup and subs?

If I had to guess ...

Wallace-Villa-Harrison
Pirlo-Maxi-Ring
Matarrita-Callens-Chanot-Allen
Johnson

SUBS: Johansen, Brillant, Camargo, Herrera, McNamara, Okoli, Shelton (or Lewis if he's available)

If I had to guess ...

Wallace-Villa-Harrison
Pirlo-Maxi-Ring
Johnson

SUBS: Johansen, Brillant, Camargo, Herrera, McNamara, Okoli, Shelton (or Lewis if he's available)

Makes sense. Damn, Khiry really shouldn't make the 18 if we have all our healthy players this season.

Reactions: Schwallacus
If I had to guess ...

Wallace-Villa-Harrison
Pirlo-Maxi-Ring
Johnson

This is what I think I want it to end up as. Or perhaps with Chanot at RB and Brillant at RCB.

However, with the lack of game time so far, I'm guessing McNamara starts at LW.

Reactions: Kjbert
This is what I think I want it to end up as. Or perhaps with Chanot at RB and Brillant at RCB.

However, with the lack of game time so far, I'm guessing McNamara starts at LW.
Don't have a good reason at the moment for why he doesn't start. I expect Wallace to get playing time Saturday. If he impresses and if Camargo impresses again then MacNamara needs to take a seat. Really has looked poor this preseason and added absolutely nothing to our team.

Don't have a good reason at the moment for why he doesn't start. I expect Wallace to get playing time Saturday. If he impresses and if Camargo impresses again then MacNamara needs to take a seat. Really has looked poor this preseason and added absolutely nothing to our team.
I definitely agree. I love TMac as a person and his right foot is killer, but I really hope his minutes this year drops dramatically.

I just have a feeling he's going to be starting the first game or two.

I definitely agree. I love TMac as a person and his right foot is killer, but I really hope his minutes this year drops dramatically.

I just have a feeling he's going to be starting the first game or two.
It wouldn't make sense to bring in two guys who make double what TMac makes and have them sit on the bench and be super subs. Camargo did more to generate an attack in 15 minutes than Macnamara did in 75.

TMac had the captains armband the other night. If I recall, Hernandez wore it once or twice last preseason. I think that is Vieira's hint as to who will be overused to the dismay of fans all season. Just too much competition this year for that spot i think.
Unless it's worn during an Open Cup game.

Can honestly see us winning. Orlando have made shit transfers during off season. Trading Brek for Barnes is going to bite them in their ass. I think our defense needs to gel more. So im going to say it will be a high scoring game. 3-2. Villa with the brace and Harrison betting the 3rd.

Hasn't been easy finding their preseason lineup. Feel bad for their fans. We'd be losing our shit if the club didn't announce lineups.
They're most excited about the Rivas Larin pairing. Payed off big time yesterday but they did play a USL side. First game in the new stadium, likely wanted an easy win.

Believe this was the closed doors game v TFC

This was last night

Nearly the same team. They get wrecked by TFC (in 45 minutes) and then beat a USL team.

Hasn't been easy finding their preseason lineup. Feel bad for their fans. We'd be losing our shit if the club didn't announce lineups.
They're most excited about the Rivas Larin pairing. Payed off big time yesterday but they did play a USL side. First game in the new stadium, likely wanted an easy win.

Believe this was the closed doors game v TFC

This was last night

Nearly the same team. They get wrecked by TFC (in 45 minutes) and then beat a USL team.
Unless Nocerino is playing at a much higher level than he was last year, that feels like a midfield that is pretty soft and should be vulnerable.

Unless Nocerino is playing at a much higher level than he was last year, that feels like a midfield that is pretty soft and should be vulnerable.
Not as familiar with some of their players. How do we match up with speed? Also, how do you feel Kreis plays us?
Defensive, counter attack?
Or with it being the first game do you think he's more aggressive? Either way based on yesterday's game I think it falls into our strengths. We love to possess. We also showed we can counter strong with all the pace we added this season.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Not as familiar with some of their players. How do we match up with speed? Also, how do you feel Kreis plays us?
Defensive, counter attack?
Or with it being the first game do you think he's more aggressive? Either way based on yesterday's game I think it falls into our strengths. We love to possess. We also showed we can counter strong with all the pace we added this season.

I think we're basically stronger than Orlando at every position except for Kaka. Kreis looks like he's playing a redux of his 4-4-2 diamond with a focus on the counter. So they're going to proabably bunker and try to counter. Which I believe will not really work for them because our defense finally has wheels and a good DM.

I think we're basically stronger than Orlando at every position except for Kaka. Kreis looks like he's playing a redux of his 4-4-2 diamond with a focus on the counter. So they're going to proabably bunker and try to counter. Which I believe will not really work for them because our defense finally has wheels and a good DM.
You beat me to it... that obsolete diamond with the mids tucked in.... they have no choice but to play the counter and I hope he forces them to play every ball on the ground - I want to watch their fans get as frustrated as we were

Orlando is beatable.

But we never actually beaten them, and can't discount the fact that this will be a big game for Orlando. You know they are going to want a win to open the stadium.

Do you think they will get the "be a dick" speech?

It'll be very important to score first. That place will be loud and begging for a goal. If we score first we can quiet them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.