Away 06/06 - Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, just saw that during half time of the Red Bulls - Seattle match. Poku time (hopefully).

When Poku starts the home match against Montreal, we have to go crazy in the stands when they announce his name...A Party Ain't A Party Without Poku

Reactions: The Toe
I'm hoping the decision to start Poku is as much about him as it is about Mix not being here for two weeks (at least).

Reactions: LionNYC
We need a Poku-related tifo at the next home match. Well, assuming we had tifos at our matches. [Cue the angry and overly sensitive replies asking what have I done to create any tifos, suggesting that if I want a tifo so badly I should show up at the Dugout before the game with a large sheet and a bunch of paint brushes, etc.]

Poku goes wide right then?

Wouldn't mind seeing him start in the CAM spot at the top of diamond. His best contributions have come on offense. He works hard to win the ball back in the mid-field but seems a bit lazy tracking back to help the back line. I am starting to think the lack of fitness everyone thinks they are seeing is more of a lack of effort on D. If he doesn't win the ball around the center line and the ball gets past him he tends to just jog about 5 yards behind the play back towards the defense. It's too bad because he clearly has the skills to be a serious box to box type mid. In fairness he has always comes in towards the end of the game and maybe he is instructed to stay behind the play as an outlet to start the counter. But as a sub with fresh legs I would like to see him run a little harder to support the D when the other team counters.

Reactions: Sabo and Kjbert
I hope we stay with the diamond, but end up like this:

----------------Saunders----------------
-----[CENSORED for the children]------
-----------Jacobson-------------
----POKU!!!-------Grabalouchy----
------------McNamara----------
------Nemec----------Villa----------

I don't think Kreis could handle that kind of excitement though

I hope we stay with the diamond, but end up like this:

----------------Saunders----------------
-----[CENSORED for the children]------
-----------Jacobson-------------
----POKU!!!-------Grabalouchy----
------------McNamara----------
------Nemec----------Villa----------

I don't think Kreis could handle that kind of excitement though

Kries would freak, the man needs his RSL over 30 safety blanket at all times.

Reactions: Gavin23
image.jpg
I'd like to see the same back line as the last game against Houston. Facey and Hernandez seemed like they worked well together. Keep Wingert out wide unless Calle is healthy. Diamond midfield like last game with Poku as the CAM and Jacobson as the CDM. I assume Grabavoy or Velasquez will start over Alvarez, but I'd rather see Pablo play and get some crosses in to Nemec

I bet we see Seba start as the CAM again (why? Because Kreis, that's why) and Poku wide right as a direct replacement for Mix. Issue is that you are all right - he doesn't track back well and it puts pressure on the right side of our defense.

One thing I will say about the Houston match - Ballouchy got after it defensively. Good for him. He and Mix were as big of a reason for only allowing 1 set piece goal as our backline or Saunders.

Wouldn't mind seeing the same backline, Jacobson as the CDM and Shelton LM, Ballouchy RM and Poku CAM. Please no more Seba. Nice guy, but please no.

Definitely Alvarez and Poku somewhere in the midfield and definitely Nemec up top. Get the spaniard to shoot some damn crosses to his shiny Viking head.

Definitely Alvarez and Poku somewhere in the midfield and definitely Nemec up top. Get the spaniard to shoot some damn crosses to his shiny Viking head.

Be careful. Slovaks are not Vikings. Either a Goth or an actual Slovak. Hate each other.

Reactions: The Toe
We need a Poku-related tifo at the next home match. Well, assuming we had tifos at our matches. [Cue the angry and overly sensitive replies asking what have I done to create any tifos, suggesting that if I want a tifo so badly I should show up at the Dugout before the game with a large sheet and a bunch of paint brushes, etc.]

TIFO: THE PEOPLE WANT POKU!

Reactions: JayH
http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2015-05-30-new-york-city-fc-vs-houston-dynamo/recap

Watch the 3 min mark of the video, this is exactly what we are talking about. Poku misses the tackle at midfield. In frame you can see he is even with or behind Brovsky and Jacobson (Both of whom had a played a full game to this point compared to the freshly subbed on Poku). Ball goes the other way, Brovsky and Jacobson sprint back into frame, Poku jogs behind the play doesnt appear again until he gets the outlet pass. As a young guy with fresh legs who is trying to earn a starting spot I want to see him sprint back. I have seen him do this a number of times in his limited min. I know his natural position is CAM and old habits are hard to break but the guy has so much box to box potential. This is just an effort issue and I don't understand why its not there, I almost wish we could still blame it on fitness.

Reactions: sbrylski
He did exactly what he should have. The play was past him and he tracks back far enough to gather the outlet pass. Brovsky, a defender, is caught out of position so he had to run back and Jacobson is the cdm, so he had to get all the way back. Poku at LM shouldn't be all the way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.