Away - 6/6 Red Bulls (U.S. Open Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go right after walking out of the PATH, then left along Guyon Dr. there’s usually plenty of NYCFC staff and law enforcement/security ensuring a safe walk.
What about the PATH itself, safe?
Just to make sure I'm doing this right- if I'm coming from the island I take LIRR to Penn Station, then the NJ coast line to Newark Penn... and then I take the PATH back to Harrison?
Or is there an easier way?

This is my first RBA gig so bear with me :p

Reactions: Goodfella
What about the PATH itself, safe?
Just to make sure I'm doing this right- if I'm coming from the island I take LIRR to Penn Station, then the NJ coast line to Newark Penn... and then I take the PATH back to Harrison?
Or is there an easier way?

This is my first RBA gig so bear with me :p
You can also walk a block from Penn Station and take a PATH train from 33rd and 6th. Can totally skip NJ Transit if you want to. Just make sure you get on a Journal Square train and not a Hoboken one. Going back I might do it your way as the lines to get in the PATH station are ridiculous.

Basically it depends on how frequently the NJ Transit trains run. If it's once an hour PATH will be quicker if you're going to miss a train. If they're every 10 minutes the train might be quicker. As far as I've seen it's perfectly safe as I've done it a bunch of times and not had any issues. And there's only one way to walk into the stadium from the PATH station as the police close down all the crossings, so that's not really an issue either. Lastly, it's even possible to walk from Newark Penn Station as it's not far at all, maybe 20 minutes, although I've not done that personally.

You can also walk a block from Penn Station and take a PATH train from 33rd and 6th. Can totally skip NJ Transit if you want to. Just make sure you get on a Journal Square train and not a Hoboken one. Going back I might do it your way as the lines to get in the PATH station are ridiculous.

Basically it depends on how frequently the NJ Transit trains run. If it's once an hour PATH will be quicker if you're going to miss a train. If they're every 10 minutes the train might be quicker. As far as I've seen it's perfectly safe as I've done it a bunch of times and not had any issues. And there's only one way to walk into the stadium from the PATH station as the police close down all the crossings, so that's not really an issue either. Lastly, it's even possible to walk from Newark Penn Station as it's not far at all, maybe 20 minutes, although I've not done that personally.

33rd and 6th PATH towards journal square PATH is direct, I assume? on google maps I see it says switch at Grove Street.

33rd and 6th PATH towards journal square PATH is direct, I assume? on google maps I see it says switch at Grove Street.
You do have to transfer but they're often waiting.

So basically my options are a) wcc direct, b) 33rd street PATH, transfer at grove or c)NJ transit and then path

thanks! I appreciate your help! Wonder if we'll see each other in the supporter section :p

Reactions: Kjbert
Isi (int) villa(int) lewis
Ofori (int) maxi (int) ring
Sweat callens (int) chanot sas
SJ

Pretty easy lineup if we really want to go for it. Only other full on option is a backline of:
Tin (int) Ibeagha chanot sas
Only issue is that we have zero domestic strikers or wing options on the bench. Tommy might have to start this one so we can put Medina on the bench.

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski
One thing to consider in this match, I want a result for either team after 90 minutes. Don't want our guys taking on an extra 30 minutes with Atlanta 3 days later.

And for Atlanta to go to 120' + pens...

Stuver, Sweat and Abdul-Salaam have to get a start.

McNamara starts. Lewis too. Wouldn't be shocked to see awuah.
I know it would be using one of our international spots for this, but I'd love to see Houndtondji get some run out. I trust the club's scouting, so feel that he has to have some quality to him. Would like to see what he can do.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
I have to drive to this game. (insert absurd string of expletives)

don't park in Harrison. Drive to the Newark side of the bridge, and either park on the street (check parking signs before you do this), or pay to park in one of the restaurants and then walk to the stadium. The restaurants (specifically Iberia, others might do the same) will charge you to pay as you park, and will allow you to go to the game and leave your car there.

I bought a ticket to the match but still unsure of whether I will attend or not.

I highly suggest leaving before the match ends, otherwise it will take you 1+ hour to exit the parking lot.

I don't leave before full time. I'm not too worried about the traffic. I can park out of the way a bit and get out just fine.

don't park in Harrison. Drive to the Newark side of the bridge, and either park on the street (check parking signs before you do this), or pay to park in one of the restaurants and then walk to the stadium. The restaurants (specifically Iberia, others might do the same) will charge you to pay as you park, and will allow you to go to the game and leave your car there.

For sure. I wouldn't even consider parking in their lots. I've had to drive there before.

I parked last year. Those aren’t lots, they are mud/sand/gravel pits. No joke. Was worried my car wouldn’t be able to get out at one point. And they charged me something like $20-$30 for the privilege. If you can get any other type of parking, take it. At minimum, parking there will also cost you a car wash.

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.