Leagues Cup - August 3 - Red Bulls

Lack of common sense.

The funny thing is, how much could the club really be losing on these? I'd assume it's the worst with away games at Red Bulls. They only distribute a few hundred tickets. If they are losing $13/ticket you are talking a couple grand if 50% of fans don't show up. For away matches when only a handful of tickets are sold, you're probably talking in the hundreds of dollars lost. Over the course of the season there is no way they are losing any material amount of money doing this. Sometimes there is just a cost of doing business and this should be pocket change to an MLS club.
They're not doing it for money lost or gained. They're doing it bc they want every away ticket used and not bought/not attended. This is to discourage people from not showing up.

They're not doing it for money lost or gained. They're doing it bc they want every away ticket used and not bought/not attended. This is to discourage people from not showing up.
Isn’t it also to discourage people buying at discount and reselling for more?

Oy. Phish last night. 7AM video conference. Just barely back to feeling normal. So...

It's game day, bitches - LCHRD edition!
season 16 lsd GIF

Reactions: FootyLovin
I'm sure there is a better way, but this is likely the one that involves the least from an app development perspective and is quickest to implement

Right, I guess that's my issue with it. It's the easiest for them. But not for us; we're the customers here, they should make it easier for us.

if their purpose is to ensure people aren't wasting tickets, then all they need to do is say "purchased tickets must be used or full price of the ticket will be charged". and they can check the attendance log to see which tickets were actually scanned at the gate. if someone has the time to go scan 20 tickets at the gate and not actually go to the game, well what are you gonna do...

but sure, taking a selfie is another solution.
They also want to discourage people from reselling tickets purchased at the $10 amount...

Reactions: moogoo
While an app check-in is possibly a more elegant solution than photo + email, I think the later would be easier than finding the check in feature in the app, making sure location services are enabled, doing the check in, and then remembering to remove location service permissions afterwards so the team and probably MLS can't track me everywhere I go.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Dude! I'm going Friday and Saturday night. Busy 3 nights ahead.
Nice! Show yesterday was fantastic.

I'm debating going again tomorrow. Might look around in the morning to see if I can pick up a cheap ticket.

Reactions: Jon
Isn’t it also to discourage people buying at discount and reselling for more?
hmmm, definitely possible too - which might be why specifically they want the photo thing so they can see who the one who attended with that ticket is. but either way i don't think it's bc of the "cost eaten" aspect mentioned.

Tired of this shit. RB play the same way EVERY FUCKING TIME. We never ever change things up and end up succumbing to their press. Every time, there's one mistake, and we get punished.

Sometimes, you have to change shit up. Be more direct. Press them when they have the ball. Go long with passes. Have some fucking composure when you have the ball.

Well, at least Philly won, so RB will get knocked out next round.

Tired of this shit. RB play the same way EVERY FUCKING TIME. We never ever change things up and end up succumbing to their press. Every time, there's one mistake, and we get punished.

Sometimes, you have to change shit up. Be more direct. Press them when they have the ball. Go long with passes. Have some fucking composure when you have the ball.

Well, at least Philly won, so RB will get knocked out next round.

we did play long/direct sometimes, but couldn't do anything with it because we didn't have good wingers/wingbacks. they get it and they play so slow or just pass it back, killing any attack we had.

we were just poor on the ball tonight. only one who had a decent touch tonight was parks. everyone else was just having a bad night, even with simple passes and traps.

poor team selection from the start. as is usually the case, poor energy/intensity from the start. that was not a derby game. that was one team going out to kill and one team just content to try and attempt to play some semblance of decent soccer but failed miserably due to poor touches and lack of ideas.

it was an awful game to watch. we had zero ideas. nick had zero fucking ideas. why is talles on the shit list? why are gray and jasson getting starts? I don't get it.

we lost this game on player AND coaching performance. why did it have to be against the fucking red bulls?

Reactions: Revfugee and Kenny
Richy on the wing didn’t make sense. A back five at halftime was okay but Red Bulls were barely attacking, we should have gone more offensive. What’s Mitja doing on the bench? Gray should have came out sooner. Talles for Baki didn’t make sense. Segal in and moving Talles to the wing happened too late. Cushing soft tactics masterclass. He’s a soft coach.

Only thing more embarrassing than our play in possession was our fans.

That was a dreadful performance.

Also, I'm getting really sick and tired of how much our players whine to the referee during games. That was a stone-cold penalty Sands conceded, and the entire team circles the ref. It's always a penalty. Stop whining and get on with it. Every call that doesn't go our way the entire team throws its hands up. We need to stop whining at the referee and just play the game.

The team came across as so immature tonight. As soon as something bad happened, they sagged and collapsed. Absolutely no composure.

That was a dreadful performance.

Also, I'm getting really sick and tired of how much our players whine to the referee during games. That was a stone-cold penalty Sands conceded, and the entire team circles the ref. It's always a penalty. Stop whining and get on with it. Every call that doesn't go our way the entire team throws its hands up. We need to stop whining at the referee and just play the game.

The team came across as so immature tonight. As soon as something bad happened, they sagged and collapsed. Absolutely no composure.
That is the mark of a losing team and bad coaching. Do you think a Philly or Cincinnati gives up when they go down a goal?

This team is incredibly soft. (And yes, they are young and need to grow) but the story this year is they generally play well but make a big mistake, get punched in the mouth, and have trouble recovering.

Remember the Charlotte game at Citi Field? Deila or Dome’s teams win that game 3-1 easy even though they go down a goal.