Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Round of 32
Red Bulls vs. New York City FC
Thursday, August 3 8 PM ET
Red Bull Arena
Apple TV (Free)

I checked the regulations on which team acts as host in the knockouts.

If an MLS team plays a Liga MX team, the MLS team will host.

If two MLS teams play, it depends on the round. In the Round of 16, the host is the team that won its group. In the subsequent rounds, the host is the team that finished higher in the Supporters Shield standings.

Unless Toronto beats Atlas - which seems highly unlikely - we will finish second in the group and play the first-place team in Group E4. That means we will be at either New England or the Red Bulls. The Red Bulls will finish first if they beat San Luis or tie and win the shootout. Otherwise, it is New England.

If Toronto does beat Atlas, and we finish first, then we will host the second-place team in E4. That will be San Luis if they beat New Jersey, the Red Bulls if they tie and lose the shootout, and New England if the Red Bulls win by shootout or outright.

If Toronto does beat Atlas, and we finish first, then we will host the second-place team in E4. That will be San Luis if they beat New Jersey, the Red Bulls if they tie and lose the shootout, and New England if the Red Bulls win by shootout or outright.
Could potentially be hosting Red Bulls at RBA?

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta
I checked the regulations on which team acts as host in the knockouts.

If an MLS team plays a Liga MX team, the MLS team will host.

If two MLS teams play, it depends on the round. In the Round of 16, the host is the team that won its group. In the subsequent rounds, the host is the team that finished higher in the Supporters Shield standings.
Supporters Shield standings of what year? 2022 or 2023 to date?

Looks like it’ll be Red Bull. Wild ending to their game vs San Luis. Probably a better result for us than facing New England.

Reactions: Shwafta
This will be the fourth Hudson River Derby played in a cup knockout competition (three previous in the U.S. Open Cup). All of the matches have been played at Red Bull Arena.

I can't wait for that to start to change come the new stadium.

Might go to this, if there are tickets.... where do the City supporters sit?

Half the 200s aren’t open for this. What a fall from grace from the first derby’s.

Weekday game on less than a week's notice? I wouldn't put much stock into that. We got just over 30,000 for the home Derby last year. The game still draws.