CCL - April 13 - Seattle (RBA)

Email says we can use ticket credits so if anyone wants me to snag them tickets they can pay me back.

It appears that they are only selling the lower half of the lower bowl and sales are not...going well.Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 9.40.47 AM.png

Reactions: JayH
Yeah, it's 9 PM on a Wednesday in New Jersey at Concacaf prices.
It annoys me considerably that CONCACAF mostly lets host national teams set the game times, which is why MEX-USA starts at 10 pm. But CCL times are set by CONCACAF, which is why our home game against Seattle is at 9PM (and the game in Seattle is at 10pm). Either way TV has a considerable and possibly controlling vote, but who partnered with and sold the TV rights is still a factor.

Last edited:
Remember that time where if this was at Yankee Stadium they'd have like at least 15,000 people go watch the team play?

Reactions: Victors87
It annoys me considerably that CONCACAF mostly lets host national teams set the game time, which is why MEX-USA starts at 10 pm. But CCL times are set by CONCACAF, which is why our home game against Seattle is at 9PM (and the game in Seattle is at 10pm). Either way TV has a considerable and possibly controlling vote, vote who partnered with and sold the TV rights is a factor.

yea the times are pretty terrible. 9pm is stupid. why not 7 or 730? even 8pm is better. 9pm is a stupid time for a mid-week game.

In this case, it's probably because they feel seattle fans will care more about watching and want to cater to west coast time as much as possible. if the game were at 7pm, i might have been more willing to head to NJ.. but no way at 9pm.

yea the times are pretty terrible. 9pm is stupid. why not 7 or 730? even 8pm is better. 9pm is a stupid time for a mid-week game.

In this case, it's probably because they feel seattle fans will care more about watching and want to cater to west coast time as much as possible. if the game were at 7pm, i might have been more willing to head to NJ.. but no way at 9pm.
I am thinking that CONCACAF sucks. I bought tickets but sometimes I go to bed by 10 and am Really not thrilled about this start time. Clearly putting fans into the seats is not a priority with whoever runs things. 8pm and I might even think about bringing my kid.

I presume TV professionals have actual data that proves that East coast people can and will stay up late more than West coast viewers can or will stop or leave work early to watch games, because they cater to the West coast almost always in these situations.

I hate that the low attendance will be bad for our guys, but I will take some pleasure in seeing empty seats that could have been filled with a rational start time friendly to fans. When you both put the game in an inconvenient location and have a bad start time, you've decided attendance is irrelevant and you get what you ask for.

CONCACAF can fuck off for prioritizing West Coast TV viewers over home fans here in the tri-state area. If that's the case, why isn't the Seattle leg being played at 8 p.m. ET to prioritize East Coast viewers? Fuck off. FUCK OFF.

I'll be there regardless, even though it means I'll probably get home at 1 a.m. or later. I'll be ready for work the following morning. Man up, people. This is one of the biggest games in our club's history. Be there.

Reactions: Sabo
Not a fan of the scheduling for all the reasons everyone has said but unlike with Hartford, I can actually make this match—it’s just going to be a long night.

I'm 90% sure that I'll break my RBA protest for this match...

Who would you be protesting if it's for this match? This isn't the team's call, so don't protest them. And if you're protesting CONCACAF, don't waste your breath.

Who would you be protesting if it's for this match? This isn't the team's call, so don't protest them. And if you're protesting CONCACAF, don't waste your breath.
Uh, the Yankees, Concacaf, Bill de Blasio