CCL - March 8 - Comunicaciones (Home*)

Just FYI, comunicaciones played on Wednesday but will not play this weekend, so will be more rested.

Reactions: Kjbert
Was there a City Member price for this? Can anyone snag me a ticket please?
I'm not up for $115 tickets for the general public.

REF: Marco Ortiz (MEX)
AR1: Christian Espinosa (MEX)
AR2: Enrique Bustos (MEX)
4TH: Oliver Vergara (PAN)
VAR: Angel Monroy (MEX)
AVAR: Leon Barajas (MEX)

took us a little time but we got the job done.

we still struggle against an aggressive press.

morales, parks, zel - all a step or two too slow and need to improve.

maxi, taty, santi, talles - great shift. if only taty had put away more of those dime passes from maxi

martins - looking like a fantastic replacement for chanot.

jasson - proud of this kid. worked hard. got beat up and kept going and was never really a big liability.

malte, thiago - no real influence on the game. malte needs to improve his defending for someone who is supposed to be a left back.

chanot - shaky tonight. not sure what's goin on with him, but slow on the ball, bad touches, bad passes. maybe tired?

overall we played well.. but when they pressed aggressively, we had trouble and it's going to be multiples more difficult in guatemala with an even larger crowd. but hey, CCL is going to be essentially played away the entire tournament, so we just have to get it done.

wish we had more goals, but if we take at least 1 in guatemala and manage the game, we should be good.

Last edited:
an earned win. i didnt like the lineup though, the mid field was so exposed only having morales there and having maxi or santi track back. i know parks is not fit for 90 but that is a weakness in that formation. i feel that is why comunicaciones got control of the game for good portion of the second half.

jasson i like the kid but i feel he gets beaten up too much, he might break at some point. i also think he gets beat defensively like amundsen at times as well.

talles really needs to improve man. i know its second year and its early but this is the year he has to improve.

team still sucks against the press, this one was much better than santos guapiles.

they need a goal away to have more control in guatemala, because we saw the team is capable. also guatemala city is in altidute i think close to denver levels, they gotta try to put it away quick before they are gassed last 25 mins or so.

Reactions: danger and Kjbert
an earned win. i didnt like the lineup though, the mid field was so exposed only having morales there and having maxi or santi track back. i know parks is not fit for 90 but that is a weakness in that formation. i feel that is why comunicaciones got control of the game for good portion of the second half.

jasson i like the kid but i feel he gets beaten up too much, he might break at some point. i also think he gets beat defensively like amundsen at times as well.

talles really needs to improve man. i know its second year and its early but this is the year he has to improve.

team still sucks against the press, this one was much better than santos guapiles.

they need a goal away to have more control in guatemala, because we saw the team is capable. also guatemala city is in altidute i think close to denver levels, they gotta try to put it away quick before they are gassed last 25 mins or so.

good point about the elevation. even for an in shape squad, that altitude will tire you out. we need to be able to manage it and it explains why comunicaciones were so rabid throughout this game with no signs of slowing down.

It was surprising how los cremas first played a low block and then turned it on and pressed very high and hard - and has others have said, NYCFC had a lot of struggles with the press. At times it looked like RBNJ lite. The third goal was just a solid breaking of the press.

Malte needs to take lessons from Tinnerholm how to put the ball on frame.

Zelalem needs to sit for that giveaway in stoppage time which came this close to being a second away goal.

weird game in that NYCFC dominated the first half, struggled with the press and gave up that blunder of a goal, and then just took over and managed the rest of the game after scoring the two goals.

also, I am sure LionNYC LionNYC will cover it in more detail, but he reffing was atrocious. Let’s start with the ref letting so much contact go - Jasson would have been fouled 10 times with MLS refs. The goal taken away by VAR was not clear and obvious and on the cremas goal, Chanot was absolutely mugged and taken down in front of the net. Concacaf’d.

in contrast to the refs in our game, the ones in the seattle game are calling everything under the sun as a foul.

Game was a lot more palatable to watch with two commentators and good sound control. It's amazing how different and more exciting it can be.

Same with the Seattle game having Champion and wazzizface