Colorado Postmatch

MOTM?

• McNamara

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Lampard

Votes: 39 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PV left it up to Pirlo as to whether he could play today. And Pirlo showed us exactly how committed he is to this team.
THANK-YOU Sweetie!!For your comment on my Andrea and from an Italian I hope you have a wonderful Sunday Dinner!!

Reactions: JayH
The SS sounded great even with the weather issues and the Come On New York chat at 5 minutes in (as planned) actually came close to a stadium wide chant.

I love the fact that the various supporters factions worked together to co-ordinate that 5 minute CONY! Rest of the stadium will pick chants up when the momentum builds. NYCFC was not built in a day....

So, let me tell you about this strange, strange day...

I went to the game with my father. I've taken him to a few games and he has enjoyed them, mostly because I have to explain a lot about the team and the sport to him. But over time he's been picking up more and more. He used to watch me play weekends on the West Side Soccer league, but that was a while ago. And I played keeper so there wasn't much he needed to know about the game. He called to pick me up when I was in the shower with shampoo in my hair. Yes, I kept my phone in the bathroom. I rush to finish my shower, dry myself off, put on my jersey, bring my rain jacket and am out the door. As I hit the button the elevator, I realize I forgot my scarf. I run back inside to get it and head downstairs.

We get the Yankee Stadium parking garages and realize we parked on the top level when we usually park on the bottom. So it takes about 2 minutes driving through the garage to get downstairs. We're early but we wait outside by the Legends gate about 20-30 minutes before they let us in.

What are they serving at Legends? Beef goulash. The first time I've ever seen them serve this before as the beef option at the carving station. It's not bad, it's just strange. Also had a shitload of king crab legs. And vanilla, chocolate chip, and cone gelato. Again, strange.

At the end of the warm up, I get a high five with Pirlo. Usually it's Villa, Mata, or RJ, but rarely or never Pirlo. I'm overcome with a strange feeling.

For the first 20 minutes I'm thinking let's go for a 0-0 draw. Points, or a point is a point. Then it picks up and we start doing well. I dropped Azira on my fantasy team and he picks up two yellows. I started Howard and Sjoberg and I also didn't captain Lampard or Harrison, fuck me. Today was a great team effort. Sure Diego Martinez could have done better on those wide balls forward. Sure Tommy Mac should have scored one of this long range goals. But it was a great team effort for today's win.

What the hell happened with the lights and sounds and weather after Frank scored? A lighting warning? Sure, it was Frank Lampard raining down goals on Colorado.

Tim Howard, Secretary of Defense, one of the most name recognized American soccer players gets a booed every time he touches the ball after a quagmire with Tommy Mac. Strange.

Frank Lampard captains the team and scores a hat trick. Strange. (Super Frank Lampard for MLS Comeback Player of the Year).

After the weather delay, 98% of people in the pitch side seats stay inside. I'm down there with 2-3 other people getting loud. Everyone, even the refs, are more friendly after it rains. I joke with the sideline official that he needs cleats with longer spikes, metal ones. He's actually talkative.

The security guard tells me that we're a better team without David Villa. He explains Montreal is better without Drogba and the Red Bulls were better without Henry. We're a team of average players and when you have a Villa up top, they need to feed him the ball. Today we didn't need to feed Villa, we just needed to score goals. And we scored 5 of them. (Called it!).

After halftime, everyone trickles back to their seats around the 50 minute but it's definitely a fun and friendly feeling. If you're going to sit outside in the rain, you better be happy and expecting a good time. Also, first time I had a beer (actually it was more like 1.5 beers) at an NYCFC game.

The game ends, the bench players come over, I think I said "love you" to Mix though it wasn't audible. I think he said "thank you." Strange.

Fun times in PS 002.

View attachment 5415
Your dad looks exactly like Mix. Great genes I guess.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I'd only care about the Shield in that it would get us home field. Making the playoffs is goal one for me at this juncture in our existence and winning a cup goal two (and ultimate goal) but I don't see the Shield in itself as something worth celebrating. Leave that mickey mouse shit to Jersey.

I saw Mena holding onto his hamstring during the first half at some points. With that halftime sub for Chanot, don't be surprised if he's listed as questionable or something for next match. Though the injury report is some days away.

Reactions: gbservis
TMac and Harrison on the wings. Who is better in MLS?

Martinez had a good game -- he played himself into more minutes.

We should show more love to Hernandez playing out of position and locking it down.

The boos for Howard all game after he pushed TMac. Only in NYC. Awesome. Thats why the haters hate.

I believe 'Iraola' means 'glue' in Spanish.

I kind of feel bad for Kreis right now. We could have made the playoffs with Lampard from Day 1 last year. We are so much better off with PV at the helm (even from the locker room) I don't actually feel bad for JK who should have done better with the hand he was dealt.

Turns out Lampard can score goals in North America too. Who knew?

Looking forward to the first playoff game in Yankee Stadium. We may not win the East, but somebody is going to have to knock us out of the top spot.