Dax to Chicago

Sorry...let me be more precise. I think putting supporters group logos on the captain's armband is a nice touch. I hadn't spent much time thinking about the color scheme.

Robles bringing out a South Ward scarf, Kljestian wearing an armband with supporter's groups logos on it...

It's almost like the only people in Red Bull Arena are those in the supporter's sections...

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Robles bringing out a South Ward scarf, Kljestian wearing an armband with supporter's groups logos on it...

It's almost like the only people in Red Bull Arena are those in the supporter's sections...

based on certain games this statement is true.

1. Looked like there was a max of 2K people in it last night for their CCL game, usual crowd.
2. Kljestian didn't wear that armband, just had a stereotypical navy with CONCACAF / unity / togetherness or something on it. Probably just made that armband for instagram/twitter.

2. Kljestian didn't wear that armband, just had a stereotypical navy with CONCACAF / unity / togetherness or something on it. Probably just made that armband for instagram/twitter.
Pretty sure Concacaf regulations require that standard captain's armband be worn for all CCL matches. He will probably wear that clown armband for MLS matches.

Pretty sure Concacaf regulations require that standard captain's armband be worn for all CCL matches. He will probably wear that clown armband for MLS matches.

Because that's when their fans actually show up, at least a minimum of 10,000 of them

Reactions: SoupInNYC
At Schweinsteiger's "welcome to Chicago" presser, some knob asked Schweiny if his presence could help lead the Fire to a World Cup victory.

So I presume Dax was poking fun at that.
Oh. Sorry. I don't keep up with #cf 97 pressers. Thanks. That is funny, then.

Reactions: Schwallacus
At Schweinsteiger's "welcome to Chicago" presser, some knob asked Schweiny if his presence could help lead the Fire to a World Cup victory.

So I presume Dax was poking fun at that.

Yep. The guy meant Club World Cup, but he wasn't specific and it led to a lot of blowback and stories about how Americans don't know soccer. Credit to him, he has owned the mistake.

Yep. The guy meant Club World Cup, but he wasn't specific and it led to a lot of blowback and stories about how Americans don't know soccer. Credit to him, he has owned the mistake.

Club World Cup sounds like an after the fact cop out. (smart way to spin it, but I'm still calling Bullshit) I watched the clip, doesnt sound like he's trying to state that at all. And it makes even less sense when Chicago has never qualified for CCL play. Hard to worry about the Club World Cup when you're not even playing in the tournament that qualifies you to compete in it. Worse, even if they qualify for CCL this season, they don't play in it for 2 more seasons (till MLS fixes that with the new format, let's hope!). And then, even if they manage to win it over a Liga MX team, they then have to play for the CWC in December (when MLS contracts would have run). So he's asking him about wining a cup that the Fire couldn't even compete in till after his contract is already expired????? That's about just as dumb as the original World Cup question. The dude fucked up, if you're going to own in, own it completely.

Club World Cup sounds like an after the fact cop out. (smart way to spin it, but I'm still calling Bullshit) I watched the clip, doesnt sound like he's trying to state that at all. And it makes even less sense when Chicago has never qualified for CCL play. Hard to worry about the Club World Cup when you're not even playing in the tournament that qualifies you to compete in it. Worse, even if they qualify for CCL this season, they don't play in it for 2 more seasons (till MLS fixes that with the new format, let's hope!). And then, even if they manage to win it over a Liga MX team, they then have to play for the CWC in December (when MLS contracts would have run). So he's asking him about wining a cup that the Fire couldn't even compete in till after his contract is already expired????? That's about just as dumb as the original World Cup question. The dude fucked up, if you're going to own in, own it completely.

I didn't read anything about him claiming club world cup, just an admission that he messed up. Looks like he's owning it at this point. Regardless it was really funny. The Fire SG even had a banner at the game that said something about the "Road to Russia".