Home - 04/19 Portland

With our B team we are dominating. Calle and Mullins are doing great need to start. Grabavoys best game so far. Shame about Taylor as we seemed to have lost momentum when he was off. We are playing well but cant finish.

I like how we are winning corners but sadly if we dont have a guy like Nemec on to win headers from these corners they are useless. This is one area he would be needed.

Im happy overall (despite nascar) With a Villa or Mix we would have already won this game clear in the first half. Good to see we can still perform with no DPs or DP like players. Thats a great sign together with our high possession/shot rate. We are playing much more offensively. Things are finally starting to click.

Hopefully second half after a rest and reorganization we see some goals and maybe Poku can come on.

EDIT*

Also we are playing 433 finally. Appears to be our best formation thus far. Hope it is here to stay as its improving performance substantially.

Last edited:
You know, I am not even mad, I am just upset and disappointed. I mean, I am REALLY disappointed in our team's debut season so far. I remember how many of the others were telling me to 'relax' and that us dropping points earlier in the season wasn't anything to worry about because it was still early, but I am upset that I was right to worry about the chances we wasted to where it's now costing us. And that we can't stay consistent enough right now.

See you all in two months.

‪#‎nycfcforever‬

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Hopefully the fans stick around for a little bit. I do see potential with this club...even though we have very few players who are competent in the box, we got some pieces. We have been the better team for large stretches of most of our matches so far, but simply can't score. We are too reliant on Villa at this point, but I do believe Kreis will put the finishing touches together.
Brovsky is absolutely awful and hopefully does not wind up on the pitch again.

You know, I am not even mad, I am just upset and disappointed. I mean, I am REALLY disappointed in our team's debut season so far. I remember how many of the others were telling me to 'relax' and that us dropping points earlier in the season wasn't anything to worry about because it was still early, but I am upset that I was right to worry about the chances we wasted to where it's now costing us. And that we can't stay consistent enough right now.

See you all in two months.

‪#‎nycfcforever‬
Good luck sailor

It was our B team. We have no DP's or anything close to a DP player playing tonight. We dominated for most of the game we just couldnt finish. Kreis was slow in subbing and making changes. Poku should of come on earlier and there is no excuse for Brovsky starting. He cannot play at this level of football. If we had one DP playing tonight we could of had a 4-0 win. Simple as that. Lets not give up on the team. We need more time.

Shelton can't finish... Seba was awful. KWS actually wasn't awful except he always finds himself in the wrong fucking spot. Brovsky is an abortion.

One thing that worries me are these breakdowns on defense. No reason the ball couldn't have been cleared on during the sequence leading to Portland's goal.

Want to rewatch the whole match, but it was just so disappointing that we just couldn't finish any of our chances in the last 8 minutes