Home 08/20 Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that what the Third Rail does, every fifteen minutes????;)
I think they've cut down on the number of renditions, that or I've grown a bit more numb to them. Maybe every 30 minutes or so now?

Don Garber will certainly be at this game. Steven Gerrard will get a red card within the first 10 minutes and Don Garber will absolutely lose it. No need for Lopez.
Perhaps so, but think of the creative commentary we'd lose out on from Midas Mulligan if Mikey wasn't starting - that's worth the price of admission alone.

They opened up a couple of sections in the 400's.

Go figure.

PS: Ticketmaster and Mastercard are running a 50% off special. MCMON is the code.

I was going to skip the match, but I was able to land a pair in section 206 for $30 each, so I jumped all over the deal.

Deal is good until 11:59 tonight.

Reactions: Goodfella and Paul
They opened up a couple of sections in the 400's.

Go figure.

PS: Ticketmaster and Mastercard are running a 50% off special. MCMON is the code.

I was going to skip the match, but I was able to land a pair in section 206 for $30 each, so I jumped all over the deal.

Deal is good until 11:59 tonight.
Just checked it out and uggghhhhh....Ticketmaster is rolling out another version of their shitty new format. Really can't understand how a company with such massive revenues could possibly have such a poor design team.

Oh man. you're not kidding.

I logged onto my account to buy tickets, and it was the usual site.

When I clicked to pick my tickets, the screen froze. After a moment or two it prompted me to reload. Well, I reloaded and it sent me to that new site. I didn't think much of it until I got the confirmation e mail after I made my purchase.

It charged my order to the wrong credit card and changed my order from Will Call to electronic delivery. The charge to the wrong card was no biggie, but my son can't load the app to his phone.......that's why I always do Will Call.

I call TM, and of course I'm put on hold. While I'm on hold the recorded message informs me someone will soon be available to discuss my order of $189.00!........should have been $75.00!

TM associate gets on the phone and wants to discuss my purchase for NYCFC vs Colorado.......now the top of my head is ready to explode.

We easily straightened everything out, but c'mon man. Ticketmaster has been a pain in the balls since February and I'll agree this shitty new format is pathetic.

do you know where do teams train when they come to nyc? i know vancouver was strolling in central park kicking about but that wasnt a true training session just having fun.

To get adjusted to the field size of Yankee Stadium, I'd have to think they'll train on the indoor Chelsea Piers turf fields.

do you know where do teams train when they come to nyc? i know vancouver was strolling in central park kicking about but that wasnt a true training session just having fun.
I've asked that question before after seeing that same clip. I'm told they are offered the NYCFC training facility in Purchase, though not all teams use it AFAIK.

The status of two key players for LA is in question.

Robbie Keane missed the last game because of a head injury he suffered the week before. He has an orbital bone fracture, but apparently, he missed the game due to the league's concussion protocol. No word on him this week, but I think we should expect he will play.

Goalkeeper Brian Rowe had a head injury of his own during the game against Colorado when he took a knee to the face courtesy of teammate (and the world's best player at doing such things) Nigel de Jong. Rowe needed staples to close up the wound and was subbed out of the game in favor of Dan Kennedy. I would expect we will see Kennedy on Saturday; he was the original starter and was injured in the opening game. Rowe has been the starter since.

So at the City in the Boroughs Manhattan event, Patricof said this match would be our Pride Game (obviously because we're playing Robbie Rogers). Anyone know of what's being planned by the club for the game?

So at the City in the Boroughs Manhattan event, Patricof said this match would be our Pride Game (obviously because we're playing Robbie Rogers). Anyone know of what's being planned by the club for the game?
I tried several times on twitter to get them to confirm with no luck. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

IIRC the Third Rail is doing something, roxfontaine will have more details.

Also worth asking... will there be a tifo display? It's been a while.

AFAIK There won't be a (full size) tifo until the last game of the season and/or playoffs.
So then what exactly has the Tifo committee been doing since the last home game with big Tifo? Brainstorming over beers?

It may be a chicken/egg situation, but convincing NYCFC/Yankee stadium that Elaborate Tifo's/props are important may be a fool's errand if there are games without original content.

So then what exactly has the Tifo committee been doing since the last home game with big Tifo? Brainstorming over beers?

It may be a chicken/egg situation, but convincing NYCFC/Yankee stadium that Elaborate Tifo's/props are important may be a fool's errand if there are games without original content.

I think it's more about the financial situation of the Third Rail and the ability and time to make them.

I think it's more about the financial situation of the Third Rail and the ability and time to make them.
Is the Third Rail still a going concern? I might be going to the away match at the Revs in September and went to look for supporters tickets but the latest one is from from early July. So then I went to the Third Rail forum to ask about it but the forum's sort of, well, gone. There's still tweets going out but I think I've gotten maybe one email from them for the whole summer. I'm a happy member but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot going on lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.