Home - March 11 - Tigres - CCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
for what its worth Tigres has a very similar schedule to us. Obviously the CL dates on here are wrong:

4kpRx1B.jpg

except their games vs puebla and juarez are lightwork and can probably send in the B/C squad and take care of business and rest players. I assume we wont be doing same.

i still aint going but still are better conditions in terms of time (at least for kick off) getting home gonna a pain i still think for those that go.

i still aint going but still are better conditions in terms of time (at least for kick off) getting home gonna a pain i still think for those that go.

won't be that bad if we're celebrating a dominating performance and win!

much respect for all those fans making the trek from way out in the boroughs.

yea - i kinda predicted this. but hey, at this point, we gotta go all in and try to win it no matter where we play. to be able to say we won CCL in RBA would kill the red bulls supporters.

yup. RBNY has tried many times to win CCL and failed. Winning it in their stadium - and packing the final so they’d take off the tarps on the upper section - would be an ultimate middle finger to them.

it would also be so so Concacaf for a nomadic NYCFC to win it in another team’s stadium.

$40 for any non-city members is ridiculous. I’m also up for getting $20 tickets for people who want them (assuming we can transfer tickets). Did anyone try the ticket transfer through TM for the last game?

$40 for any non-city members is ridiculous. I’m also up for getting $20 tickets for people who want them (assuming we can transfer tickets). Did anyone try the ticket transfer through TM for the last game?
Yes, ticket transfer works fine. Just click the button on the ticketmaster app, enter the email of the recipient, and you’re done.

Right, that’s what I said. Everything they stated there they knew prior to the first game. It was all communicated to them by the club. They still boycotted. Nothing has changed since their initial boycott statement. The venue is the same. I’m totally on board with them being there. I want them there. I think everyone wants them there. I just don’t like the statement.

Right, that’s what I said. Everything they stated there they knew prior to the first game. It was all communicated to them by the club. They still boycotted. Nothing has changed since their initial boycott statement. The venue is the same. I’m totally on board with them being there. I want them there. I think everyone wants them there. I just don’t like the statement.

think it all came down to bad timing and optics. supporter groups were already planning to boycott and literally put out their statement the day before or the day of (can't remember) all the information about concacaf and the stadium search came out. given they had already issued the statement, it would seem too wishywashy for them to simply withdraw the statement with a simple "nevermind".

i'm glad they'll be there next game. i hope a lot of people show up and we outnumber the tigres supporters.

think it all came down to bad timing and optics. supporter groups were already planning to boycott and literally put out their statement the day before or the day of (can't remember) all the information about concacaf and the stadium search came out. given they had already issued the statement, it would seem too wishywashy for them to simply withdraw the statement with a simple "nevermind".

i'm glad they'll be there next game. i hope a lot of people show up and we outnumber the tigres supporters.
“Evaluating all our options” the day after the announcement. Watch party / boycott announced five days later

I just think it's important to note that this is not a professional media organization. They are a group of fans, and the person releasing these statemnets is a volunteer. It's really not fair to parse their statements like we're parsing an NYCFC statement. Sometimes things aren't going to be completely perfectly thought out, and that's completely acceptable.

I misread your post, I thought you were just responding to the single Instagram image. It sounds like you wanted this statement before the San Carlos game? That was never going to happen as M moogoo said. It is what it is.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.