Home - March 11 - Tigres - CCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there was some moderate blowback on Third Rail leadership for the boycott. Supporters seemed to show up anyway, and people like the Soccer in the City guys and people on this forum didn't like it. Not sure whether anyone showed up to the watch party in the City.

Combine that with the Club's new transparency on these issues, and the boycott no longer made a lot of sense.

Glad they're back. One of the fun things about going to games is watching and listening to the supporters.

I think there was some moderate blowback on Third Rail leadership for the boycott. Supporters seemed to show up anyway, and people like the Soccer in the City guys and people on this forum didn't like it. Not sure whether anyone showed up to the watch party in the City.

Combine that with the Club's new transparency on these issues, and the boycott no longer made a lot of sense.

Glad they're back. One of the fun things about going to games is watching and listening to the supporters.
I’m not really sure the transparency was new though, outside of a few specific details that already fit into Sims’ public comments.

I’ve also seen mentioned that their boycott “worked”. I don’t know what the hell they think they accomplished.

But I am glad they’ll be back going to the game.

I got a message from ticketmaster saying CCL tickets are on sale today at 2 pm. Upon clicking on the link the page also lists a member presale at 10 am today.

still haven’t heard a word from the club other than “tickets will be available soon”. Jeez.

Reactions: Ulrich
I got a message from ticketmaster saying CCL tickets are on sale today at 2 pm. Upon clicking on the link the page also lists a member presale at 10 am today.

still haven’t heard a word from the club other than “tickets will be available soon”. Jeez.
yeah, I saw it on ticketmaster yesterday and already messaged my ticket-getting-accomplice last night hah

Reactions: moogoo
The boycott did work in a way but obviously not fully. Yes, we are still playing at RBA but the club is finally allowing us to treat it like a home game. Things that were fought for was transparency (which from the outside u might not see it) and the club has been in contact with the heads of Third Rail since all this went down. They have spent hours on the phone and text messages together to fulfill the supporters needs while apologizing for the venue. We now have a real designated supporters section. We are allowed to bring in banners. Another big fight that we pushed for was at a minimum to give us a late start so people can at least attempt to make it. All those "demands" aside from the change of venue were met. The boards of the respective Supporters Groups felt that if this type of communication continues with the supporters it is no longer in the best interest to boycott.

As far as the original boycott goes timing was kind of shitty. The Supporters Groups had already created a joint statement calling for a boycott prior to the Brad Sims statement, it just had not been released yet. As timing would have it both the statements went out at pretty much the exact same time with the BS statement coming out just minutes before. What i personally think happened there was the FO caught wind of the boycott and was very proactive in putting out a statement whereas the Supporters Groups took a little too much time. The FO won that battle and def made the SG's look kind of stupid, optics wise.

There's probably stuff im not articulating correctly but from a communication standpoint there has been a HUGE difference since the boycott. Although, the general fan might not see it.

The boycott did work in a way but obviously not fully. Yes, we are still playing at RBA but the club is finally allowing us to treat it like a home game. Things that were fought for was transparency (which from the outside u might not see it) and the club has been in contact with the heads of Third Rail since all this went down. They have spent hours on the phone and text messages together to fulfill the supporters needs while apologizing for the venue. We now have a real designated supporters section. We are allowed to bring in banners. Another big fight that we pushed for was at a minimum to give us a late start so people can at least attempt to make it. All those "demands" aside from the change of venue were met. The boards of the respective Supporters Groups felt that if this type of communication continues with the supporters it is no longer in the best interest to boycott.

As far as the original boycott goes timing was kind of shitty. The Supporters Groups had already created a joint statement calling for a boycott prior to the Brad Sims statement, it just had not been released yet. As timing would have it both the statements went out at pretty much the exact same time with the BS statement coming out just minutes before. What i personally think happened there was the FO caught wind of the boycott and was very proactive in putting out a statement whereas the Supporters Groups took a little too much time. The FO won that battle and def made the SG's look kind of stupid, optics wise.

There's probably stuff im not articulating correctly but from a communication standpoint there has been a HUGE difference since the boycott. Although, the general fan might not see it.
Are you suggesting that the game start time was pushed back due to a supporters demand?

I don't mean to come off as judging or anything (probably not the right word), but I find that, especially, incredibly hard to believe. Game start times are TV driven.

Reactions: ZYanksRule
Are you suggesting that the game start time was pushed back due to a supporters demand?

I don't mean to come off as judging or anything (probably not the right word), but I find that, especially, incredibly hard to believe. Game start times are TV driven.
maybe. maybe not. what im saying is that it was a request that was both made and met. regardless of reasoning.

You say there's transparency happening that we might not see -- can you elaborate?

You say there's transparency happening that we might not see -- can you elaborate?

Nothing in terms of stadium or anything like that other than whats been made public. Basically, the FO including Brad Sims (He personally had a 75 minute phone call with the president of TR) has kept in constant communication with the board of the Third Rail since the boycott happened. They in depth explained the unfortunate situation that is RBA and have listened to and attempted to address concerns. Whether or not this continues or they were just blowing smoke up our ass is yet to be seen.

Last edited:

a 6PM start time has never happened i think for a CCL game. i really doubt Univision or even Fox sports is willing to push for the time to be 6PM knowing damn well the ratings will be even lower.

yea i was saying prior to our "home" game. i dont think TV really pushed for us to be 6PM.
I don't work for any television channels but there were 4 games that night. And two of them featured prominent Mexican sides.

I would guess that it was in their best interest to start us early so that concacaf could have 6 hours of CCL coverage that night.

I don't work for any television channels but there were 4 games that night. And two of them featured prominent Mexican sides.

I would guess that it was in their best interest to start us early so that concacaf could have 6 hours of CCL coverage that night.

TUDN would of put the nycfc in TUDN extra ( online platform) like they did with montreal/ saprissa.

for english werent both games in FS2? i mean its not like we were given prime channel.

Reactions: adam
Status
Not open for further replies.