Kreis Officially Out At NYCFC

Hiring Vieira would essentially bring the 'Boy City' stigma with NYCFC right back to the forefront.

Outside of the jersey being a complete clone of MCFC and Lampard arriving late, I feel like the MCFC influence has been mostly unobtrusive this year, and that's a good thing.

But its almost like with Vieira, he is coming to ask the CFG overlords where he can learn the ropes, and they are like 'why don't you coach our little toy club in New York'? He has too much of an MCFC connection.

The club would probably be better off taking anyone but Vieira. But it looks like its going to be him.

Reactions: franch
Thinking about it now...I actually feel bad, but I think in the end, he hated the whole thing about being here. There is no real loss here for the team. There was a total disconnect between him and the nonamerican players.

I've gotta say, I've been awakened. These last two months I completely lost interest in the team, and was just waiting for the new season to start, and a new kit, and hoping for the best. I even delayed renewing my seats until the very last day because it felt like this team was headed towards a dead end. Getting rid of Kreis has lit a spark in me again. There is a new hope.

i feel literally the opposite. i delayed renewing until the last day, but did so. cowardly as fuck to wait until after the renewal deadline and then drop this. i may not have.

Reactions: EganSoccerWords
Hiring Vieira would essentially bring the 'Boy City' stigma with NYCFC right back to the forefront.

Outside of the jersey being a complete clone of MCFC and Lampard arriving late, I feel like the MCFC influence has been mostly unobtrusive this year, and that's a good thing.

But its almost like with Vieira, he is coming to ask the CFG overlords where he can learn the ropes, and they are like 'why don't you coach our little toy club in New York'? He has too much of an MCFC connection.

The club would probably be better off taking anyone but Vieira. But it looks like its going to be him.

Actually, most of the stuff I've read says that Vieira wants to manage in Europe and has asked not to go to NYC. There's an interesting side-story over here saying that Arsenal are trying to tempt him away with an Assistant Manager position under Wenger and CFG are having to find something bigger to offer him to keep him since he's turned down the New York role. He doesn't appear to be the originator of the rumours at all.

Actually, most of the stuff I've read says that Vieira wants to manage in Europe and has asked not to go to NYC. There's an interesting side-story over here saying that Arsenal are trying to tempt him away with an Assistant Manager position under Wenger and CFG are having to find something bigger to offer him to keep him since he's turned down the New York role. He doesn't appear to be the originator of the rumours at all.
A lot of city fans want shut of him and Jason Wilcox to take over the eds at city

Reactions: Kjbert
Wow, you have a TON of what ifs and excuses in there.

Tell me what Peter Vermees, Dominic Kinnear and Gary Smith have that Kreis didn't at RSL.
Not really. My point being is that most of those names won at a time when MLS was not nearly as good and competitive as it is right now or has been over the last few years. Peter Vermes and Dom Kinnear I said were good coaches as well, certainly one of the better ones in MLS just like Kreis. Gary Smith is not a coach.

We are an even bigger joke than Chivas was. And we absolutely deserve it. Kreis was set up to fail from the beginning. And now we will get some shithead City shill like Viera to replace him.

it's just amazing to me that kreis was hobbled at every fucking turn with this team and anyone is surprised he failed to make the playoffs. look at some of these justifications - they even repeat it - pirlo and lampard are clearly the right business move for the team, because we draw 10k more than RB do. kreis wasn't perfect, but i really don't know what i'm going to do or feel if we seriously are the place that vieira chills out waiting for pellegrini to step down.

still gutted and betrayed, particularly the coward fucking move to do this the first business day after founding member renewals.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
The average throughout the Premier League is a little over 2 years. And CFG's average is a little bit distorted by them throwing Mark Hughes out after a season. Mancini presided over a 3 successful years, and Pelligrini is still going (until he retires probably)
Mark Hughes was not CFG choice. The club came with him. They persevered but he was shocking. City needed to move on a level. A little like you do now. The choice is mediocry or bigger and better.

Reactions: FirstTeamer
Wasn't his injury prognosis set at ~6-8 weeks out? Really, after the playoffs were out of the question, there would be no reason to play him the final two games.
I remember him having the same injury as Frank Lampard. I think a strain of some sort. I'm not a doctor or anything near it so I can't weigh in on the amount of time that takes to heal. Just seemed like he kind of took a backseat after bad performances and had no interest in playing again for the season.

I would hate to think that at one point we had one of the best coaches in MLS. This is the same feeling I had when the Redbulls gave up on Bob Bradley, and Bruce Arena. This whole situation is just a shame really the way it ended. Kreis is all respect, and professionalism and I have no doubt he will be very successful in Toronto or whoever he goes. My money is on Toronto.
I would bet on him winning a trophy in the future before we do. But I could see him seeing out his huge contract with us and then going to Seattle when Sigi is finally kicked out.

I keep hearing how world class our ownership is, but so far it's just been amateur hour since the very beginning. It's been short sighted decision after short sighted decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: S1ARK5
It's clear now that this club is a circus, best course of action for fans is to accept it and strap in. I joked about this on the r/MLS forum the other day but it's true - NYCFC is going about things like the Knicks.

If you asked me about the next ten years of this club today, based on what we've seen so far, I have to think 2015 will be closer to the norm rather than an outlier, both on the field and off. Nothing about the organization suggests there will be stability, long term planning or any kind of coherent vision.
If you truly think that you really don't see the big picture. I think in 10 years time we'll be talking about a few trophies won