Leagues Cup - July 23 - Atlas (Home)

Ah, I should have picked up on that.

When you think about those 6 or 7 people who are going to make the trip from Toronto to Harrison should have their Leagues Cup experience enhanced.

Had a chat with a guy from my Sunday morning soccer group. He’s from Mexico, and Atlas is his team. He is going (I opted out). He said they’ve been selling off players too. Five of their best.

Had a chat with a guy from my Sunday morning soccer group. He’s from Mexico, and Atlas is his team. He is going (I opted out). He said they’ve been selling off players too. Five of their best.
Handshake Bros GIF

Reactions: Schwallacus
personally - i think we got robbed. var call was not clear nor obvious if it took 6 minutes to figure it out.

i like what i've seen of bakrar in his cameo but obviously not much to judge. his willingness to run and being on the end of a cross are good signs though, imo.

barazza had such a bad game. butter fingers on nearly every shot no matter how easy it should have been for him. probably could have done better on the goal. i understand defense failed on that, but it's his job to bail out defensive errors. his decision making with the ball at his feet was also horrendous tonight. i think in an interview he said atlas were his childhood team.... did he subconsciously suck it up? lol.

onto the next.. if we beat TFC we should advance unless TFC beat atlas and then it'll come down to tie breakers somehow . just hope nick starts bakrar so we can see a full game with him. sure he hasn't had time with the team and he's probably out of shape, but do it anyway! let the guys play... he can get in shape fast by playing actual games.

I’ve never quite descended to where I was in 2021 before the Gudigoal. But between this and Gabi leaving I am right there now. It’s not simply about a lack of talent. It’s the eerily familiar inability to mount a semblance of an attack (remember the Taty 9-match drought?). Nobody except Haak seems to want to have a go right now. not Santi, not Talles, not Keaton, maybe Cufre and Chanot a little. Gabi was hungry but…

Maybe Bakrar will help. But MLS is a different league than it was 10 days ago and the CFG/RBNJ a model is now obsolete. We are in MLS 3.0/3.5. I tend to think Miami will fail, but Messi has changed the game, as have St. Louis and Cincinnati in their own ways. And the NY teams are steps behind.

Tinfoil hat. MLS/Liga MX know that we’re not going to sell any tickets to matches at RBA for the tournament. And all our potential “home” knockout games would be at RBA. So…yeah…

Tinfoil hat. MLS/Liga MX know that we’re not going to sell any tickets to matches at RBA for the tournament. And all our potential “home” knockout games would be at RBA. So…yeah…
phoenix-with-tin-foil-hat-who-s-crazy-a8jvg0engc8zl15n.gif

When the match ended, the players and assistant coaches went up the referees to complain. Nick Cushing just stood there, away from it all, in silence. Don't know how I feel about that...

When the match ended, the players and assistant coaches went up the referees to complain. Nick Cushing just stood there, away from it all, in silence. Don't know how I feel about that...
I haven't been #cushingout but now I'm starting to come around to the idea that maybe he really is one of those guys... amazing assistant coach.... but not head coach...

Reactions: Shwafta