Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Charlotte FC
Wednesday, August 17 8 PM ET
Red Bull Arena
YES App

I've got an odd feeling about this one. The game tonight needs to be a big bounce back performance for this team. I worry we're at the edge of the cliff here.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
I've got an odd feeling about this one. The game tonight needs to be a big bounce back performance for this team. I worry we're at the edge of the cliff here.
There are 10 magnets in someone's office at my work. When we were playing well they were in a 4-2-3-1 formation. During the two losses, they were assembled in a small 3-3-3-1. I've fixed it. We're going to win.

Hoping to watch presuming it’s blacked out ...

As others have said needs to be a big bounce back if we don’t get a response tonight I’m worried about the season .

I am fully prepared to eat crow at 10:15 PM as required, but I believe that NYCFC will control the game and comfortably win tonight. Charlotte has not been a good road team and is playing a second road game on short rest after traveling from California. The past two games were disappointing for NYCFC, but they scored in both and should have had at worst a draw against Miami in sweltering heat.

Rest Maxi to start this game and let Santi play the 10 behind Heber, Talles, and Thiago. Let Tinnerholm start and push for a lead. Rest as many bodies as possible after the 60th minute (hello, Zelalem). Win 3-0 or 3-1 and move on to Chicago.

(and hope Philly enjoys 90 degrees and 40% humidity in Frisco)

parks, callens still out.

gray, and GP questionable.

hoping to see more minutes from Anton tonight. we need him in top form for the playoffs!

I am fully prepared to eat crow at 10:15 PM as required, but I believe that NYCFC will control the game and comfortably win tonight. Charlotte has not been a good road team and is playing a second road game on short rest after traveling from California. The past two games were disappointing for NYCFC, but they scored in both and should have had at worst a draw against Miami in sweltering heat.

Rest Maxi to start this game and let Santi play the 10 behind Heber, Talles, and Thiago. Let Tinnerholm start and push for a lead. Rest as many bodies as possible after the 60th minute (hello, Zelalem). Win 3-0 or 3-1 and move on to Chicago.

(and hope Philly enjoys 90 degrees and 40% humidity in Frisco)

I'll eat crow.

Perhaps it is Taty, the injuries, or the midfield lack of depth, but I am more convinced than ever it is Cushing. For those who wanted to know why he was interim, here you go. This season is careening to a first or second round playoff loss.

Martins was horrible today. Heber was just as poor.

Third consecutive defeat and 3 defeats and a draw without Taty! We need a true striker, but we need also the return of Callens and Grey. To fire Cushing. Now!

This team has been decimated mid season. A victim of MLS. Head coach and leading scorer moved on. We need to compose ourselves and move on. Cushing may not be the man to take us there. Heber, talles and maxi may not be the men to take us there. We’re victims of our own success im afraid. Hopefully the mothership takes us to the promised land by the end of next season, but I don’t see us righting the ship this year.

I blame cushing because he didn't put on the scapegoat, so we can't complain about him!
Seriously, I saw you pointing at the midseason coach change in the chat. I'm so fed up with it. I have almost no vouchers left on my season plan and I'm glad. I don't want to go. I am content to watch on TV but I have no interest in avid fandom right now because the club just seems to have said ahh feck it, let's focus on 2023. They way they let another coach quit on us midseason and then did zipwah in the transfer window. I'm even annoyed I have tickets to the Stupid Champions Cup game.

Seriously, I saw you pointing at the midseason coach change in the chat. I'm so fed up with it. I have almost no vouchers left on my season plan and I'm glad. I don't want to go. I am content to watch on TV but I have no interest in avid fandom right now because the club just seems to have said ahh feck it, let's focus on 2023. They way they let another coach quit on us midseason and then did zipwah in the transfer window. I'm even annoyed I have tickets to the Stupid Champions Cup game.
I'm 100% sure it's the mid-season coach change.

I don't think it's on Cushing himself. It's the team whenever a coaching change happens. Literally every time, without fail.
I'm okay with losing Taty if Deila stays.
But Taty + Deila is just bogus. The team morale has crashed, you can see and feel it. Heber can't even hit a one-time ball anymore for a clear and easy goal.

Join me and just don't look at the standings or any news. Just watch the games and be over until the next one. It's great and doesn't carry the same level of frustration as before!

I don't think it's on Cushing himself. It's the team whenever a coaching change happens. Literally every time, without fail.
Church. Me on June 10.
The process itself is a distraction. And if he goes, I think for 2022 at least, it's a bigger deal than Taty going. I don't care if you bring in a genius like Pep, or a "steady on" option like Cushing. This team's chemistry is dead perfect, and a midseason coaching change alters that. I'll be happy if proven wrong, and happier if it doesn't happen.