2015 Concacaf Gold Cup Thread

Yesterday sums up this year's edition of the Gold Cup.

The USA were lacking chemistry and passion as they went out without much of a whimper to Jamaica. Klinsman will definitely be on a much shorter leash if he isn't fired after the tournament is over.

Mexico played like a pile of horse sh*t and still managed to win the game. Granted, it was a controversial victory.

Mark Geiger and other Concacaf refs are horrible. FIFA should revoke their ability to officiate matches after this is all said and done.

Panamá después del juego ayer:
image.jpg

The USA were lacking chemistry and passion as they went out without much of a whimper to Jamaica. Klinsman will definitely be on a much shorter leash if he isn't fired after the tournament is over.

Mexico played like a pile of horse sh*t and still managed to win the game. Granted, it was a controversial victory.

Mark Geiger and other Concacaf refs are horrible. FIFA should revoke their ability to officiate matches after this is all said and done.

Thumbs down is not effective. Should have tried this:
anXYE4b.gif

View attachment 3072

That MLS tier refs, now i understand when watching nycfc games and people around me tell me "MLS refs suck dude"

and yet i thought Mark Geiger was the best US ref. I always remembered solid performances.

i would of been ok with mex losing since it means piojo is out, team is starting to look painfully similar to chepo's

I give advantage to Jamaica since mex got like no strikers- dos santos injured, vela suspended, all is left is orozco :rolleyes: and oribe.

as for Mix , fuck the third place game if he is going to start on the bench, i want him her to help beat disney fc. and no i dont think klinsman needs the boot, i do believe he needs to stop experimenting. he will be fine. unlike piojo i do think he learned his lesson yesterday.

Prediction: Mexico wins the Gold Cup in controversial fashion with a late phantom penalty call in the 90+ minute.

I want to see Jamaica win though, just so we can fucking crush them in this one game playoff. Which will probably be played in the US because CONCACAF.

Its been confirmed for October, all signs point to the Rose bowl hosting it. Because you know... CONCACAF $$$

Rose Bowl site would be incredibly disappointing after the horrible and disgraceful behavior by Mexican fans in the last two games.

Hopefully, they won't earn their way into that game in October. Of course, they haven't even earned their way into Sunday's final, so maybe my phrasing was bad.

That MLS tier refs, now i understand when watching nycfc games and people around me tell me "MLS refs suck dude"

and yet i thought Mark Geiger was the best US ref. I always remembered solid performances.

i would of been ok with mex losing since it means piojo is out, team is starting to look painfully similar to chepo's

I give advantage to Jamaica since mex got like no strikers- dos santos injured, vela suspended, all is left is orozco :rolleyes: and oribe.

as for Mix , fuck the third place game if he is going to start on the bench, i want him her to help beat disney fc. and no i dont think klinsman needs the boot, i do believe he needs to stop experimenting. he will be fine. unlike piojo i do think he learned his lesson yesterday.
Piojo has no idea what he's doing. I'm officially convinced of that.

Rose Bowl site would be incredibly disappointing after the horrible and disgraceful behavior by Mexican fans in the last two games.

Hopefully, they won't earn their way into that game in October. Of course, they haven't even earned their way into Sunday's final, so maybe my phrasing was bad.

It would be amazing if they had to play Mexico in the playoff and CONCACAF put the game is Azteca in an empty stadium. Finally no laser pointers.

It would be amazing if they had to play Mexico in the playoff and CONCACAF put the game is Azteca in an empty stadium. Finally no laser pointers.
They will not be playing that game in Azteca I front of a rowdy crowd of 0 people. Concacaf would lose way to much money for that to make any sense.

They will not be playing that game in Azteca I front of a rowdy crowd of 0 people. Concacaf would lose way to much money for that to make any sense.

Well if Mexico wins, I'd like the playoff to be played far away from Mexican fans and their projectiles. I don't want anything getting in Mix's hair and messing up his flow. If they really want to go big, have it Ohio Stadium: 100,000+ people on a naturally grass field. If soccer in the US is really about college students, this game in October with a student population as big as OSU would be easy money for CONCACAF.

Well if Mexico wins, I'd like the playoff to be played far away from Mexican fans and their projectiles. I don't want anything getting in Mix's hair and messing up his flow. If they really want to go big, have it Ohio Stadium: 100,000+ people on a naturally grass field. If soccer in the US is really about college students, this game in October with a student population as big as OSU would be easy money for CONCACAF.
Columbus, Ohio will not be given that game, should it be USA vs. Mexico. Anywhere that has a large Mexican American population is likely to get the game. Unfortunately that means LA will probably get the game.

Columbus, Ohio will not be given that game, should it be USA vs. Mexico. Anywhere that has a large Mexican American population is likely to get the game. Unfortunately that means LA will probably get the game.
Or Houston or Phoenix.

When the fuck are important US matches going to be played in the New York area?

A friend who lives in Florida, drove all the way to Atlanta to see the USMNT vs Jamaica came up with this hypothesis why the "Mexico penalty " was created.

According to him, either the USA or El Tri had to win to have a sold out crowd to fill up the 80K seat stadium. Jamaica and Panama may only generate crowds attendance at best 15k.

The federation upon realizing the US had lost and Mexico was on the verge of loosing had to act. My friend told me when he got there to see the USA game , it was almost impossible to move after the US lost he said that at least 1/3 of the crowd was gone and most that remained were Mexican fans to see and support the Tri. and don't forget the public image that would go around the world of a having a huge stadium empty with only a few thousand fans.

If both tickets sellers were gone the stadium would be empty at the final, which would be a huge financial loss both to the federation , sponsors, stadium, television and anyone involved with the tournament.

Creating the penalty insured everyone came out a winner.

I try not to be a cynic but it has me thinking...

A friend who lives in Florida, drove all the way to Atlanta to see the USMNT vs Jamaica came up with this hypothesis why the "Mexico penalty " was created.

According to him, either the USA or El Tri had to win to have a sold out crowd to fill up the 80K seat stadium. Jamaica and Panama may only generate crowds attendance at best 15k.

The federation upon realizing the US had lost and Mexico was on the verge of loosing had to act. My friend told me when he got there to see the USA game , it was almost impossible to move after the US lost he said that at least 1/3 of the crowd was gone and most that remained were Mexican fans to see and support the Tri. and don't forget the public image that would go around the world of a having a huge stadium empty with only a few thousand fans.

If both tickets sellers were gone the stadium would be empty at the final, which would be a huge financial loss both to the federation , sponsors, stadium, television and anyone involved with the tournament.

Creating the penalty insured everyone came out a winner.

I try not to be a cynic but it has me thinking...
Concacaf is stupid and dirty, but I highly doubt they would make any attempt to distort the integrity of this tournament. Not with it being in the US and not with all of the eyes on them right now.

Concacaf is stupid and dirty, but I highly doubt they would make any attempt to distort the integrity of this tournament. Not with it being in the US and not with all of the eyes on them right now.

No, they would because CONCACAF. I think UEFA would do the same thing too if it was going to be Azerbaijan - Belarus rather than Spain - Azerbaijan in the Euros Final.

So you're suggesting that someone got to Mark Geiger the top American referee, during the 30 minutes or so between games, and convinced him to make bad calls in favor of Mexico.

Completely ridiculous.

Bad calls happen all the time in soccer. You don't need a conspiracy theory to explain one.

Plus, many of the tickets for that game had already been sold. Sure, people might not show up, but they had already paid the price of admission.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene