Keith Putnam

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 4, 2015
Astoria
highwatermedia.com
Starts today!

The USWNT is ranked #2 in the world by FIFA, and they certainly have a good shot at winning the tournament. Of course, Abby Wambach is 35 now and Alex Morgan is struggling with injuries, so it will be more challenging than normal.

USWNT is in group D along with Australia, Sweden and Nigeria, and plays their first match on 6/8 against Australia. They'll almost certainly win the group or be the #2 team.

ITT, all your thoughts on the 2015 FIFA WWC.

Reactions: einwindir
I think they'll beat Australia, lose to Sweden and beat Nigeria. It's going to be a tough group, but I think they'll get through. I think Germany wins the title though

Watching the Canada vs. China opening match.
- Most noticeable thing is that when any hard struck ball like a goal kick hits the ground a mound of that tire pellets come up from the ground.
- Turf also plays very slow.
- Temperatures of the turf apparently are close to 100 degrees.
- The score/time graphic in the top right looks really weird as its red but Canada and China's flags are both red.
- The host nation should be playing the opening match in Vancouver, the championship and main location for the tournament and not Edmonton.
- ESPN definitely had better walk on and anthem coverage/camera angles. There was one shot of a camera running across the pitch and filming the ground.
- It seems like FOX has a two second delay between the audio and the tv action.

Last edited:
The goal the Netherlands just scored was beautiful

Norway beat Thailand 4-0 earlier today and now the Germans are up 2-0 on the Ivory Coast

Germany ends up beating the Ivory Coast 10-0 and it honestly could have been 16-0 if they played all out the entire game. The US could have put up high numbers on such a team too, but Germany looks like a well oiled machine, like a Mercedes, or BMW, or Audi.

Sweden vs. Nigeria game is absolutely amazing. This is really the Group of Death.

Ends in a 3-3 tie. Also the game was officiated by a North Korea.

Last edited:
What time does the USA play? I haven't been able to find the correct time.

Exciting match thus far. Rapinoe with the goal and Solo treated a couple times already.

I feel like it's taking a while for the USA to get comfortable with the fake turf. Passing and control have been surprisingly iffy.
Australian defense has been impressive so far (12th minute), even with the goal. US defense worryingly leaky. Solo having to make several saves too early in the match.

US looking better near the end of the first half, but generally poor ball control, too many speculative long balls forward, some odd passing choices. Australia looking far stronger by most criteria.

Last edited:
USA leads Group D after the 3-1 win over Australia. WOTM (or POTM) definitely goes to Rapinoe with the brace and Hope Solo proving again she is the best keeper in the world. Game 2 against Sweden on Friday. I Believe That We Will Win!

Totally different team in the second half. Better control, better decisionmaking, better defending, better attack. It also helped that Australia seemed to run out of gas around the 60th minute.