2016 General Mls Transfer Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be too early to judge this move before we find out what Chicago does with their extra allocation money. However, this move is a head-scratcher if Chicago doesn't bring in a viable replacement to replace Shipp. I still believe Chicago has had a great offseason...lets just see what the new Chicago FO does next.

I'm not sure where Shipp fits exactly in the Montreal lineup as Piatti plays a similar role. However, you can't deny Shipps talent and potential and how he makes Montreal a better team.

The kid is heartbroken over this deal. Traded for GAM & TAM. There are two outcomes. He remains a Chicago kid and doesn't pout when he scores/wins against them. Or, he goes fuck you to the ownership of the Fire and turns into the villain.

No idea how he ultimately responds, but this is perhaps the most genuine thing any professional athlete has ever written. I just wanted to give him a hug.

The kid is heartbroken over this deal. Traded for GAM & TAM. There are two outcomes. He remains a Chicago kid and doesn't pout when he scores/wins against them. Or, he goes fuck you to the ownership of the Fire and turns into the villain.

He'll remain loyal to the City of Chicago, and Sector 8 & the other Fire Fans will always hold him close to their hearts. The kid is pure class.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
He may end up pulling a LeBron James. Shipp heads to Montreal for four years and goes to four straight MLS Cups winning the middle two. He then goes into free agency (depending on MLS roster rules) and goes back to Chicago, where he never wins a championship for his home club. (I never want to see LeBron win a title in Cleveland, or even come close).

No idea how he ultimately responds, but this is perhaps the most genuine thing any professional athlete has ever written. I just wanted to give him a hug.

Totally agree. Wonder what Chicago is up to here. You have to imagine they have a signing in mind, but who knows with those guys.

Totally agree. Wonder what Chicago is up to here. You have to imagine they have a signing in mind, but who knows with those guys.
Yeah. As with just about every MLS trade, it is impossible to evaluate it because we don't know how much GAM/TAM they got back. I don't begrudge the team if this makes them better, but it is also a good reminder every time someone criticizes an athlete for taking money, not giving a hometown discount, etc.

If normal MLS rules apply, Sounders get 2/3, with a max of $650,000 being GAM.

I can't find the article now but something I read yesterday said the transfer fee on the out going transfer has to be more than you paid for the player to get gam. Sounders paid over 5m for him and are only getting 3m from the csl.

Standard disclaimer with all mls rules: who knows if its true.

Reactions: Goodfella
I can't find the article now but something I read yesterday said the transfer fee on the out going transfer has to be more than you paid for the player to get gam. Sounders paid over 5m for him and are only getting 3m from the csl.

MLS recoups any money they lay out for a player before paying to the club. Now if Seattle chipped in extra money out of pocket for the player, then perhaps they get some of that back to make whole before GAM is calculated.

• The Nocerino signing is good for Orlando.
  • The Luciano Acosta signing is good for DC United.
  • I like the way Harry Shipp plays the game. Sucks for him & the fire fans, but it's just business.
  • Martins going to Atletico backed Shanghai Shenhua is good for the CSL and he will be good there.

Last edited:

what? why have a lower number transfer fee than you bought him for ( or MLS bought him for )?

Status
Not open for further replies.